"No thanks. I'll have Harley's." I spoke.

"You'll change your mind later!" He sing song-ed and I rolled my eyes.

"You can run along now, I have work to do. I'l be out tonight don't try to run, I'll find you." He looked serious.

"Umm okay." I turned around but he grabbed my forearm and pulled me around.

"No. Promise you won't try to run." He whispered and his hand clenched tighter around me wrist.

"You're hurting me." I whispered and he snapped back.

"What? Uh- yes, your room is the second one from the office." He let go of me and walked to his desk.

"Okay." I whispered walking out the door. 

As I closed the door behind me, I caught a glimpse of him with his hand on his temple looking out the window. This was a new side of him. One I never expected.  A side that's human. I walked into Harley's room which looked sickening to me. Her bed sheets had a huge crimson heart and the sheets were a dark shade of pink which made me sick. The walls were all red and on the dresser was a picture of Joker taped to the mirror. 

I walked over to her wardrobe and it was filled with her criminal get up and dresses and what I could make out to be her attempt at lingerie. She was so petite I can never fit into any of her stuff. I opened the other side of the wardrobe and I found a dusty suit and her doctor coat. I touched it and it still had her ID next to the pocket. I looked at her picture and tears brimmed my eyes. 

Unlike Harleen, I hated Harley. Harleen is my best friend and I trusted her with everything. Harley is weak. She gave in to love as soon as she found someone who just listened. To me, they're two completely different people.

I walked over to the bed and sat down. I found my notepad on the desk next to me. He must've put it there. He knew I wouldn't choose his room. I grabbed my notepad and searched for a pen. I took off my doctor's coat and heels since I probably won't be getting anything to wear soon. 

After a couple minutes of staring at the blank pages I couldn't find anything to write. I couldn't stop thinking about Joker and Harley. I got up and opened the door slightly to check if the place was clear and headed out.

I looked around when a voice boomed, "Hungry?" Joker chuckled. 

"Are you trying to kill me?" I turned around.

He took in my appearance. My hair was down and my legs were now exposed because the coat hid my skirt . I awkwardly cleared my throat to break the silence and his face softened and stopped staring.

"I'm not hungry. I just got bored, I'm sorry." I smiled.

"Why are you apologizing?" He stepped closer to me putting on his jacket.

"I don't know, I guess for coming out of the room and possibly bothering you."  I spoke. I was never this nervous around anyone.

"Well I was just about to leave. There are some books and you can watch the television if you want."  He walked over to the door running his hands in his hair frequently as he gave me a weird smile and left.

I turned on the tv but there wasn't anything there. It never caught my attention anyway. I walked over to the shelf that had a couple books and found a favourite of mine. I pulled it out and started re-reading it. 

At around 9pm I was curled up on the sofa with the book and my reading glasses. After a few minutes there was loud bangs and yells outside. As I payed closer attention to the sound I hear Joker's voice grunting and cursing at what I assumed to be his men.

I craned my neck towards the door as it burst open with a goon helping the Joker in. He looked angry and half of his makeup was smeared away. As he got closer I saw there was blood pouring out of his bicep. I quickly stood up, he was shot or wounded. 

"Oh my god! Are you okay?!" I inched closer not sure of his reaction.

"What do you think?! I'm fucking bleeding!" He screeched and I was taken back.

" Do you know how to get a bullet out?" He asked and I froze.

"Do you?!" He yelled louder and I broke into action.

"Yes yes! I-I need a needle and cotton an- and a bowl of water and alcohol and some ice and I have some tweezers."  I ran to get them.

As I came out of my room he was gone and I followed his goon to the office. He was holding his elbow and he sat there shirtless. I stood next to him and carefully grabbed his arm.

"This is gonna hurt, a lot." I said as he grunted.

I dipped the tweezers in some alcohol and started pulling out the bullet. As soon as I touched the flesh he screamed. I figured out I should just pull it out quickly.

"Hold still I'll take it all out so it bleeds less."  I spoke.

"Here drink this." I handed him a bottle of rum.

I got a hold of the edge of the bullet, took a breath and pulled it out, "Fuck! What the hell did you do?!" He cursed.

"Hold still it's already out." I looked up at him and he had his lips in a straight line.

I grabbed a cotton of alcohol and dabbed around the wound. I tried my best to not put him through more pain. I also couldn't help but notice his fit shape. He looked down at me and I blushed and grabbed the needle and heard him grin.

"You know I- uh, didn't mean to curse at you when I came in." He mumbled.

"It's fine." I looped the needle. 

"Hold still the first time is the hardest." I said as I held his flesh together.

"You're good at this." He tried to be nice.

"Well I'm a doctor so you know, I try." I grinned at him and he laughed. It was the first time I heard him laugh like that. It wasn't maniacal just pure. It was nice watching him laugh.

I finished closing his wound and dabbed it with a little alcohol, "I'm done." I spoke.

He looked tipsy from all the alcohol he consumed.

He grabbed his shirt and I stared at his back, "You know I can keep it off doll." He turned around and smirked at me as I grew a deep red.

"Very funny, Joker." I said as I looked away.

"You know I thought you'd call me Jack by now." He whispered as he got closer to me. I felt his breath on my face as he towered over me.

"I didn't think you'd like it."  I mumbled.

"You can call me anything angel." He looked into my eyes then he did the unexpected and gave me a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

I stood there in complete shock. I could still feel his lips on my cheek. It felt good, it filled me with a strange feeling, like something was running up the walls of my stomach. 

The worst part is, no one has ever made me feel that way before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been so bad to you guys! I'm so sorrryyyyyyy! I went on vacation and I had no wifi. 

Anyway there will be more updates and weekly ones I hope.

I have finals this week so there won't be more than 2 -3 updates this week but after that I'm all yours.

And also my fellow mindfreaks lol

Anyway hope you all have a great day!

Much love xxx