~Chapter Two~

“So let me get this straight.” I say, now in the comfort of a dark, leather recliner and sipping the most refreshing glass of iced tea. “You’re a werewolf. You don’t need the moon to change. You knocked me unconscious, kidnapped me, decided we’re ‘soulmates’, and now I’m never allowed to leave.”

“That pretty much sums it up, angel-face.” He says grinning at me.

“Hmm. . . I see.” I say and take another sip of my tea. “So tell me. Is it normal for your kind to tie their soulmates to a frickin chair!” I screech as I hurl my cup at his head. 

Which of course he dodges.

He gives me another one of those wolfish grin and then chides me like a child. “Only when they run away.” He tells me, flashing an amused smile.

I fume under my restraints.

“And why am I not allowed to leave?” I ask and to the best of my ability, try to cross my arms over my chest.

“Because we’re soulmates.”

Soulmates. Soulmates! He keeps repeating it like it's some kind of mantra! Well guess what, pal! It ain’t sticking!

“Yeah, see, that’s the thing. . .” I say, narrowing my eyes at him. “You’re claiming we’re ‘soulmates’ but I’ve never seen you before in my life! And quite frankly, if a guy expects me to spend the rest of my life with him, the least he could do is take me on a date first. Heck, even buy me a freakin’ cup of coffee!”

“I got you iced tea like you asked, didn’t I?” He says, motioning to the now shattered glass residing on the floor next to him.

“Yeah, but you didn’t buy it!” I sneer. “It just came out of the fridge. How long has it even been in there?!”

“Oh, quit complaining!” Jonah snaps at me from the sideline.

He was lounging on the couch, scowling at me, with a steak posted over his right eye.

A steak!

I snicker at this.

“Oh, shut up!” He says, glowering at me. “This is all your fault!”

“Actually, Jonah,” Caleb says, amused and clearly biting back his own laughter, “it’s yours. How you managed to actually lose a fight against a flight of stairs is beyond me. You really need to work on your reflexes once we get back.”

Jonah just mumbles incoherent threats under his breath.

“What was that?” Caleb asks, eyes darkening slightly.

“Nothing.” He mutters, turning his head away.

“I thought so.” Caleb says, clearly pleased.

So here I am, who knows where, having a casual conversation with my kidnappers who just happen to be immortal beings. Of course, this wasn’t the case an hour ago when I was freaking out. Curse me and my innocence, because that is exactly how I got caught.

While I was still in shock at the extremely hot, but extremely naked guy behind the tree, Jonah was able to sneak up on me. He grabbed me, trudged into the house, threw me in a chair and at impossible speed tied me up. And then, not long after, Caleb joined him.

Then for the next half hour they tried to calm me down which included me hyperventilating, Caleb bringing me water, me smacking it out of his hand and demanding for something with caffeine, and him returning with a glass of iced tea from god knows where.

And that is how we got to the present.

Nope, I was no longer scared. Just pissed. Plain old freaking pissed.