~Chapter Fifteen~

Jenny.” I hear someone whisper near my ear. “Jenny, wake up.” He continue, shaking me lightly.

Not the way I want to be awaken in the morning.

“Go away.” I tell him, attempting to slap his hand away without ever having to lift my head. I shiver a bit as the blanket falls a little at the motion and I’m greeted with cold air.

“You need to get up.” He tells me. “Time for training.”

“Time for what?” I grumble, rising slightly. He had certainly gotten my attention now.

“Training!” He says, repeating himself.

I give him a pointed look.

“Training?” I ask, squinting and running a hand through my tangled hair. “Why?!

“Well, as of now you’ve officially deemed yourself as danger prone,” he informs me. “So we need to teach you how to fight.”

“I already know how to fight.” I snap as I let loose a big yawn. I give him another tired look, praying we can hurry and wrap this whole conversation up so I can go back to sleep. “If I recall, I managed to kick both yours and your brother’s ass about a week ago.”

“But you still got caught.” He responds almost automatically. He must’ve already had this whole argument planned out. 

Am I seriously that predictable?!

“But. . . you. . . AH!” I scream, throwing the covers back over me and burying myself. “No! Go away! Let me sleep!”

“Nope.” He says, ripping the covers off.

“But it’s Saturday!” I whine, getting up and shaking his arm a bit.

At my touch, I note how his figure automatically tenses. He looks down and his eyes becomes fixated on the spot where my hands meet his arm.

And that’s when I have a brilliant idea.

“Caleb, please.” I say, running my hand slowly down his arm as I give him my best puppy dog eyes.

I watch as he freezes and looks down at me. It seems he has suddenly become very conflicted.

Gathering my last bit of pride, I add, “Come back to bed.”

I grin to myself as I watch him gulp.

Hook, line and sinker~ I think, smirking to myself.

Until Jonah bursts through the door, that is.

“Oh, no!” Jonah says grinning from ear to ear. “You’re not getting out of this that easily.”

Caleb breathes a huge sigh of relief before he quickly untangles himself from my grasp and leaves the room rather quickly.

Watching his brother flee, Jonah turns to me with a brow raised.

“I can’t believe how easily you have my brother wrapped around your finger.” He tells me.

“I can’t believe how strong the urge to kill you is, right now.” I grumble. “Oh, wait. Yes I can! GET OUT!

Jonah rolls his eyes.

“No can do.” He says. “You can either get up now or I’ll be more than happy to come back with the water bucket.”

I narrow my eyes at him.

“You wouldn’t dare.” I challenge him.

“Wouldn’t I?” He smirks.

We have an intense stare down for a few more seconds before I sigh and hang my head in defeat.