The Trail of Harry J. Potter

Start from the beginning

Madam Malkin, after all these years never seemed to age. She wore her signature purple robes with a tape measure around her neck with her glasses positioned on her nose in such a place she could both look through the lenses and over the top of them.

"I'll be with you in just a tick." She called,

"It's ok!" Neville replied

Neville replied
"No need to rush," I spoke in a friendly manner as we took a seat in the waiting room.

The two students who exited the changing rooms reminded me, a lot of the instant rivalry of Harry and Draco in one aspect as the two, second years went to their parents who stood at opposite ends of the shop.
The family closest to the till paid first, followed by the other family close after; Neville and I watched on as the two children glared at each other without their parents noticing.

Madam Malkin beckoned me over to the changing room where a set of blue Ravenclaw robes where hung up.
"What are we looking at this year?"
I pursed my lips in thought," cap-sleeved shirts and a skater skirt maybe?"
Madam Malkin smiled a little," Ok."

The tape measures wrapped around my body as the oversized shirt fitted to me so it wasn't too big or too small. Around the bottom, the black cloak was cut so it wasn't too long as I stood in the new skirt and shirt.

"How is everything fitting?" The tailor asked," It's not too tight over the boobs is it?"
I shook my head," No."
"Good, it's hard finding shirts that fit." She muttered," You know that's why I opened the shop because I got utterly vexed about my shirt not fitting."
Smiling at the old woman, I laughed as she ranted about shop brought shirts that people brought her to fix because they don't fit properly.

When she was happy with the shirt, she brought out some 1940s cropped black trousers with three silver buttons going up the side. The tape measures danced around me, as they took the measurement, the trousers altered themselves appropriately.

Madam Malkin folded the clothes into a box, casting the duplicating spell to create more than one pair. Next on the list was shoes, from her collection of Hogwarts approved footwear, I picked out the same yellow thread boots as last year with blue ribbon laces and several pairs of tights in difference deniers. The seamstress used the same measurements to add new bras and underwear to the box, giving me a thin catalogue of styles and colours; for class, I went as neutral as possible then for other times; the brighter the better. My clothes were dark enough so no one is going to see if my bra was neon orange or green.

As Neville paid for the books, I paid for the uniforms then carried the two purple bags as Neville opened the door.

"One more stop then we can go home," Neville said, adjusting his grip on the books.
I creased my eyebrows a little," Where too?"
"Ollivander's," Neville said after a few minutes.
"I thought you wanted to use dads?" I questioned as we walked down the street.
Neville let out a defeated sigh," I did, but I think with everything happening; I need one that's mine."
Nodding in understanding, the little bell sounded as we entered the shop for the must-have a wizard necessity, a wand.

Mr Olivander had not changed in these many years, his hair was a lot longer but he still stuck to the Victorian look of his robes. Looking at the two of us, the wandmaker looked confused at our sudden arrival.
"I wasn't expecting you back here, Cherry and Hawthorn wood, Unicorn hair 10 inches wasn't it?"
I nodded," Yep, makeshift hairpin as well."
"It's a strong wood, and that makes for a good disguise in the Muggle world, "He said leaning on the counter of his shop, focusing on my brother," What can I help you with?"
Neville cleared his throat," I need a new wand."
Olivander nodded slowly," Ok, let's get started then, Mr Longbottom."