2:

Chiara stirred awake with the morning sun shining on her face. She was, thankfully, still in her bed. She looked at her bedside table clock. 7:47am. She huffed, and reluctantly got out of bed and headed downstairs. She walked into the kitchen where she could smell bacon sizzling. Chiara's mouth watered. Her stomach still rumbling from a few hours ago.

She could see her mum turning over slices of bacon just before she placed individual slices on buttered pieces of bread.

"Mmmm! Smells good, mum" Chiara commented. Her mum placed the pan in the sink and took a bite out of the bacon sandwich whilst walking straight past Chiara. She was wearing a nice black business suit with a white blouse under the blazer, and her heels clicked as she walked past her and up the stairs.

She said nothing.

Chiara furrowed her eyebrows at her mum as she walked past her. She did not know why she was acting so strangely towards her. Was it all because she slept walked again last night? She looked at the kitchen counter to see if her mum had made her a bacon sandwich as well, but all she saw was crumbs on the kitchen side.

Oh, doesn't matter not hungry really anyway. She thought to herself, as her stomach rumbled. She rubbed it to silence its chatter.

She decided to have a bath and get herself dressed and ready. She started running a bath upstairs. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed heavily. She didn't look like a super model with her messy bed hair but at least her eyes were a brighter brown now than they were last night. And her skin was smooth and soft even through the mirror.

She let her body soak into the warm soothing water, and she let all the tension and worry leave her body. She washed her hair and got out, with the frigid air hitting her warm skin as she left the bathroom. From downstairs she could hear the television was still on, but she couldn't hear her mother.

She must have either gone out already or she's in her room.

As she walked down the hallway, she passed her mums room and saw some suitcases in the doorway. She peered through the small gap in the door and saw her mum sorting out clothes on the bed. Chiara furrowed her eyebrows but continued on towards her own room.

She dried herself off and picked out some jogging bottoms and a baggy top, since it was a Friday, she didn't feel like dressing up and making herself look amazing for no reason. She headed back downstairs to put her dirty washing in the basket. She walked into the lounge where her mother was sat on the sofa drinking a can of coke.

"Morning." Chiara said happily.

Her mother nodded, her eyes not moving up from the clothes she was folding. "Sleep well?" she nodded again, "Hello?"

"What?" her mother grumbled, finally making eye contact. It didn't last long before her eyes moved back to the clothes on the bed.

"Well, you're acting really funny with me...what have I done wrong?"

"Oh, grow up, Chiara." Was all her mother said. She threw a pile of clothes into a nearby bag.

"Why do you have suitcases in your room? Going somewhere?" She asked, trying to sound happy.

"Yes actually, I am." She snapped.

"Oh, where are you going?"

"As far away from you as possible." She hissed. Chiara's face fell.

"W-what?" She asked feeling quite hurt by her mum's words. They weren't ever remarkably close, but it's been getting worse in the last few years. The snide comments, the distancing, and the blatant forgetfulness of her existence.