24:

"Today's the day!" Jake chimed as he ran down the stairs towards Jess and Chiara, who were sat drinking some coffee while sat on the sofa where they were chatting. He gave Jess a kiss on the cheek before literally skipping into the kitchen and boiling the kettle to make his own brew.

"You do know you're far so happy at 8 o'clock in the morning." Chiara chimed from over the sofa.

He tapped his metal spoon against his mug and started dancing around the kitchen as he spoke. "Am I? I didn't even notice. Or maybe it's because you two are boring in the morning." He laughed, pouring the now boiling water into his mug and stirred in his coffee and sugar.

Jess and Chiara looked back at each other and at the same time rolled their eyes at him. "Yeah, yeah, we're the boring ones. Not once have I ever seen you this happy to get up in the morning." Jess said giving him a raised eyebrow, as she sipped on her coffee.

"Yeah, I agree you're normally a miserable fuckwit." Chiara joined. He scoffed as he entered the lounge holding his coffee in his hand before sitting down besides Jess.

"Sorry ladies I would listen, but I'm afraid I didn't ask for your opinion."

"Classic case of denial." Chiara muttered, into her mug, before taking a loud slurp of the coffee juice inside.

He looked at her and stuck his tongue out. Not long after, he took his coffee mug and blowing on the top of the drink he took a quick sip, only to take a rapid intake of breath after forcing the boiling hot drink down his throat. He groaned as he frantically fanned his mouth to try and dissipate the stinging feeling surrounding his mouth and throat.

The girls laughed at him, and he gave them an angry look and flipped them both off after he set his drink down on the table in front of them.

"Just don't forget tonight, that you do have a girlfriend that you are planning on moving in with. Just saying." Jess said giving him an expectant look.

"I'll do my best honey" he said winking at her. She punched his arm hard.

"Ow! What is this bully and batter Jake day or something?"

"Don't wind her up then." Chiara said shrugging her shoulders as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right from right this second I'm shutting up." He said sitting back into the sofa and running his fingers across his lips to seal them together. Finally, crossing his arms in defiance.

"But really don't go and start kissing some random girl." Jess added.

Jake stuck to his word and didn't say anything. Instead, he just shook his head and gestured a cross on his heart and held his hand up in the air. Jess smiled and nodded at him and finished off the last of her coffee.

"Anyway, Chiara what you are planning on wearing out tonight then your sexy devil?" Jess chirped getting comfortable on the sofa, placing her legs across Jakes lap and leaning back. Still saying nothing, he gave her a confusing look between her face and her legs, before finally excepting that she won't move them anytime soon.

She didnt have much time to give it any too little thought.

She paused, "I actually don't know if I'm being honest. What's the dress code for you boys, Jake?"

He unzipped his mouth. "Just some jeans and a shirt, nothing fancy for us boys but I think some of the girls will be dressed in nice dresses or something. " He finished and zipped his mouth back up.

"You know you can talk again you idiot." Jess leaned forward and unzipped his mouth again. He frowned and zipped it back up again. She rolled her eyes at him and fell back into her original position.