27:

Chiara came to as she rattled from side to side from within, what she assumed was a vehicle, since she could hear the gears moving and grinding from underneath her. She could hear the faint muttering from a close distance and could hear someone's heavy breathing from in front of her as she started to come to her senses.

She couldn't see anything but black she moved her head subtly from side to side and felt something over her head. She deduced that she had a bag over her head, which was tight enough for her to not get a glimpse of light, but not so tight that she would suffocate. She could feel her body start to betray her, as her breathing started to get faster and faster, she tried her best to get control back of her breathing and miraculously, she did. She settled down her ragged heart and her heightened breathing and started to try and understand her surroundings more clearly.

She moved her hands slowly to feel what was binding them together, she figured that it was rope as she could feel it burning slightly against her wrist as she attempted to wriggle out of them, trying and failing. She gently tucked her hands in between her legs, slyly tugging at the ropes from within her legs.

She could hear the person in front of her shuffling around and tapping against the floor against her, she assumed that they were now leaning in front of her as she could smell they're cigarette drenched breath wafting around her nostrils. Soon they disappeared back to where the came from Chiara wondered what they did around her.

Listening closely, she could make out what the people from the close distance were saying, making sure not to attract her watcher's attention.

"When are we going to get there?" One voice said, soundly masculine.

"We get there when we get there, stop asking. " Another voice said sounding higher in tone. There was some mumbling that she couldn't make out between the higher pitched person and someone else who's voice she could recognise.

They hit a large bump in the road, almost throwing Chiara flying around. She groaned from under her breath, trying to stabilise herself on the hard, cold metal floor grabbing whatever she could to keep herself steady. She could hear someone shush her, the person from in front of her was trying to keep her silent.

Chiara whispered as lowly as she could. "Who are you? Where are we going?"

The person just shushed her again. Chiara could here some shuffling again and then she felt a quick sharp pain against the right side of her head. Knocking her out cold.

Meanwhile, as Chiara was travelling to go knows where with strangers around her Xavier started to stir from on the sofa where he was currently sleeping on. As he stumbled in the dark lounge trying to make his way upstairs to the bathroom, he knocked his foot on the landing and felt a cold breeze cross his toes. He looked across to find the door wide open and a note left under the door.

He tentatively made his way to the door and picked up the note which read.

'If you want her back, a debt must be paid. Send the thief that stole what wasn't theirs to begin with.'

"What on earth does this mean?" Xavier asked himself. Gently, he closed the door and ran upstairs to check Chiara's bed, where he found it empty.

He started to panic he screamed for Jess and Jake to wake up. Xavier started searching through her room for anything missing, dropping the note on the floor as he did. Soon after, Jake and Jess ran in rubbing their eyes, Jake was dressed in just grey jogging bottoms and Jess was wearing a pink nightgown. They watched from doorway as Xavier frantically searching through Chiara's room.

"What's the matter, dude?" Jake asked slightly confused and annoyed.

Jess just yawned beside him. Looking down she saw the note and bent over to pick it up. She read the note and quickly she slapped Jake on his shoulder and shoved it in his face. Jake read it through and then back at Jess, they knew exactly what this note meant.