Part 22

Take my hand, Take my whole life too, For I can't help falling in love with you                                                  -- Elvis Presley

Saturday morning, awoke with a chill in the air but sunny and bright. Can wouldn't have cared if it was storming, he would be at the mountain hut this evening, hopefully with Sanem in his arms. But, the fact was, he missed the mountain hut, it had been his sanctuary for many years when he had to be in Istanbul. He had sold it when he thought he had lost his true love and until he had taken Sanem, no one had ever matter enough to him to share that space. He was hoping he could get some of that peace back tonight. 

Sanem's POV

I am scared, tonight Can will be at the mountain hut and will find out that I am the one who bought it. When Metin had called and told me he was going to sale there was no way  I would let someone else  have our slice of heaven. At the time, I thought he would never be there with me again but it was my way to at least have a part of him.  I had made some changes, made it into a place I could eventually call home. Living at the estate, had given me the strength I needed to make a start at getting better and then that fateful day happened when I found out Can had not left.

It had to be perfect tonight, I am here to ensure that happens, Can would be coming later, but he didn't know I was there, he had no idea I would be waiting for him. I put the telescope in place, made sure there was plenty of wood chopped, even though I knew Can could have chopped what he needed, I placed blankets on the hammock.

I was going to let Can have some time to himself to just gather in the peace and quiet of the space and if it seemed right I would let him know I was there. 

I am wondering how he is going to feel about me owning the hut. Well, I guess I will find out tonight.

Can's POV

I am headed to the mountain hut, I haven't heard anything from Sanem since last night. She wasn't sure she could get away to meet me. She said it might be a good idea for me to have a night alone there and maybe we could go together another night. 

I know she just wants me to have some time alone to think but I would rather have her there.

Can pulls up to the hut and parks his truck, he has a small bag with water and some staples to get him through the night. When he walks up, he sees there is plenty of firewood and blankets on the hammock.  He notices the new owner has a telescope and can't wait to look at the stars. 

He puts his bag down and takes a walk around the property, enjoying nature. When he comes back to camp area, he feels like he is being watched. He laughs, probably an animal. He is truly alone here it looks like the owners are not at home, even Elif, who has been dancing in his head for the past two days is no where to be found. 

When he gets back he builds a fire then places one of the blankets on the ground and uses his pack as a pillow, just taking in the blue sky and beautiful grounds, he falls asleep. It is nearly dusk when he wakes up, he checks his phone, nothing from Sanem, he guessed she is not coming.  He stands and gets a bottle of water, taking a deep drink, he looks at the hut, who ever purchased it has greatly improved the hut. He wished he could see the inside.  He notices the doors are the same ones that he had on the hut, he walks up and places a hand on one of the doors, and leans his head against it.

"Ah, Sanem." he says sadly "How I wish things had happened differently. I love you so much, I will never forgive myself for how I treated you."  Sanem stood just inside the door, listening to his every word, tears streaming down her face.  "Allah, please allow her to forgive me. I am nothing without her."