Part 9

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts -- Eleanor Roosevelt

One month later

Sanem was sitting out by the fire pit, she was thinking about the night she had met Leyla and Emre for dinner. Emre talking about her new book and that he was surprised about her deal with Fabri. He hadn't known the details other than Sanem had given him the recipe for her cream. They had talked all through dinner but Can was never mentioned. She was sure that Leyla had warned him not to bring up the subject unless she had. They talked about a new campaign and how the team was trying to come up with new ideas but everything they came up with just seemed like it had been used before. Leyla told Sanem that maybe Emre should email her the details because she always seen things different from the rest of the creative team. She told her to go for it but if she showed her idea to Can to tell him it was Cey Cey's idea.

The nights were starting to  get cooler, this was one of her favorite times of the year, when the weather was warm during the day but cool enough at night for a fire. Watching the flames made her think of the times she and Can had come up to spend time alone. It struck her, she was no longer sad over these memories, instead she thought of them with a smile on her face, enjoying the times that had been.  When she was ready to go in, she smothered the fire, watched to make sure that it went out and then headed inside.  

She had shut all the windows and locked the doors, turning off the last light before she headed to bed, when she saw lights flash toward the hut.  She hid where she knew she could look out but not be seen, no one should be here, only someone who lived in the area or someone who knew the hut was there would know where to find it. 

She was shocked to see Can walking toward the hut, she held her breath afraid he would feel her breathing.  He looked around, taking in the additions to the hut. Did he know that this was her place now? No, there was no way, Metin would not betray her. 

She watched him, looking at the hut, she could see the sadness on his face.  She heard him  speaking just loud enough that she could hear "Ah, Sanem, how did we lose each other? This should be our home. If only I could find you."   He stared at the hut for a few more minutes then turned and walked away.  She could feel the tears falling from her eyes. 

Two days later

Sanem woke with determination in her heart and mind, she had taken the last two days and had finally made up her mind, it was time to face Can. She made tea and then went in to get ready.

Can was having a horrible day, the details for a new campaign were ready to be put in place, until this morning when they had called and told him they wanted the campaign to go in a different direction. Can was furious, they had spent so much time working this campaign, getting it ready to set in motion and now at the last minute the client wanted to change the direction of the ad. He knew from the beginning this client was going to be trouble. He and Emre had almost decided to not put the agency in the running but they both knew that this could take them to a new level. 

This was not the only problem, half the employees were out sick, either a bad cold or the flu, he couldn't remember what Deren had told him. Next, he had picked up the copy of Sanem's book, that he was sure Emre had left on his desk and opened to the dedication. The words she had written, were meant for him and him only "If Only! If only, you would have listened we would not be going through all this heartache." He shut the book, feeling as if his world was about to stop.

 And now, on top of that, Huma and Polen were walking toward his office. He stood there, he wanted to go hide in the archives but they were now walking into his office.

"Huma, do you not know how to knock?" He growled, he looked over at Polen, with disgust on his face. He couldn't believe that she had so little self-esteem.