43 - Close

"Holy hell. I am sooooooooooo fucking done. I can't move anymore. Let's call it quits for today", a tomato-headed Himari desperately pleaded as she flopped on the gym floor, letting herself fall down on her back.

The brunette, whose body was still suffering from the aftermath of her alcohol heavy girls night, felt like she was at the brink of passing out any moment while she stretched herself and decided to remain motionless on the floor – looking like a starfish. A sweaty tomato-headed starfish.

Aizawa crossed his arms and observed the overdramatic display of dying from exhausting Himari was currently performing on the floor in front of him, "Get up – we're not done for today."

The former heroine let out an overexaggerated groan in response before she forced her head up to shoot a deadly glare at Aizawa, "Uh, no? Nah. Nope. Hell no. Not a fucking chance. We're so done for today."

"What's wrong with you? We've barely done anything yet."

"My body is still trying to recover from yesterday. Also, your endurance is definitely not human. Do you actually get exhausted at some point or do you have some sort of secret quirk? You're not even sweating!", Himari whined, immediately regretting the way she'd verbalized her complaint as she saw a subtle smirk creeping on Aizawa's face.

"Well, unlike you – I am actually in good shape."

A gasp of outrage escaped Himari's lips at his side blow, causing the tired hero to chuckle at the sight of the pouting woman on the floor.

Himari narrowed her eyes and with one swift and powerful motion, she used her legs to carry Aizawa off his feet. The chuckling lapsed into silence as the latter realized with wide eyes that he couldn't keep his balance. With a loud groan, he landed on his butt next to Himari, who had never expected this to work.

Shamelessly snickering, she added, "Always expect the unexpected. Looks like I swept you off your feet, huh?"

Slightly amused, Aizawa thought how right she was with her remark, but he bit back a comment. Instead he just raised an eyebrow at her and waited until she was done with celebrating herself for what she had apparently deemed as extremely witty comment. In the meantime, he silently admired how cute she was while she was busy with wheezing and cackling.

"Oh come on, that was funny! Don't be so tense. Just lie down here – it's surprisingly comfy. Or I'm just so fucking done with everything that my standards have reached a new low."

"I'm pretty sure it's the second one", he stated with a deadpan expression on his face while he lay down on his back next to the brunette. "And now?"

"What and now?"

"Are we admiring the beauty of the dirty plain white gym ceiling?"

"Obviously. Don't you see the stains up there?"

"Yes? And? Are we dirtgazing now?"

"Don't you think that the left one is shaped like a dick?"

Aizawa furrowed his brows and started to stare at the stain the woman next to him had just pointed at, questioning how on earth she had come up with that, an action that actually caused him to question himself.

"No. Just no", he let out a long-drawn sigh, "How likely is it that you're still drunk? What on earth were you doing yesterday?"

"Sorry, my head is close to exploding and bad jokes are my way to cope with the pain", Himari giggled, aware that Aizawa had just mentally tried to reconstruct the shape of a dick on the ceiling, although she'd just said it for shits and giggles. Before she spoke up again, she bit her lip as she considered if she should try something, "Oh nothing special, just a hot date."