-Prologue-

Edit: Hey guys and everyone starting to read this book! Quick info here: the first chapters are shitty written and rather confusing as this was/is my very first attempt at creative writing ever. I eventually found my writing style around chap 20 and stuck with it.  I desperately need to rewrite the first ones (I'm dying of cringe when I look at them), and I will when I find the time to do so. But the quality of the writing improves throughout the story, I promise. So bear with me :)

Add) I'm currently rewriting the first chapters. I'll upload the new ones one by one, depending on when I manage to get them done. The content doesn't change. I simply rewrite them to better fit the writing style I've found while writing this story :) I'll add a note at the end of the chapters that are already edited.

____________________________________

Breaking News

"Today is a sad day for the hero society. Unfortunately, we have to announce the retirement of our beloved number four hero – Gravitas. As all of you know, she served as a role model for women and girls who aspire to be successful in the tough world of heroics, still mainly dominated by men, and we all admire her for her controversial appeals to unite the hero community and strengthen the teamwork.

She managed to find her way into the top ten of the Hero Billboard Charts JP in less than two years after her debut, slowly but steadily climbing her way up to rank four over the past years. Our beloved heroine always gave her all, trying to protect us and help wherever she could, which makes today's announcement even more tragic.

Yesterday, the media representatives of the Hero Public Safety Commission reached out to us and informed us about Gravitas' decision to retire from the hero business after 9 years in active duty. Furthermore, they highlighted that Gravitas, whose true identity always remained a secret, distanced herself from the suggestion of holding an official press conference in the light of her sudden retirement. Considering the reason for her retirement, the Hero Commission remained vague with the information they provided us with.

Even though the inhabitants of Musutafu suffer from the loss of one of their favourite local heroes, it is necessary to keep in mind that there are plenty of hard-working, dutiful heroes out there, who are more than capable of protecting us in times of danger."

Musutafu News

"Yesterday, a young couple who went for a walk in the evening stumbled over a gruesome crime scene in an alleyway. The dead and mutilated body of a man in his early thirties and an unconscious woman were found hidden in the shadows. Currently, the investigations are led by Detective Tsukauchi, who's part of Musutafu police's crime department. The Detective ensured us that there is no need for panic for the inhabitants. As for now, the investigations lead him to assume that it was an individual case of murder. The press conference is settled for tomorrow morning, 9 a.m. Out of respect for the victims, their name won't appear in any media."

Musutafu1

"Will the hero community be able to cope with the loss of Gravitas? She was an idol, loved by the masses, respected amongst heroes, and feared by villains and criminals! Join our show on Thursday, 8.p.m., and listen to several guests talking about Gravitas' sudden and mysterious retirement and her legacy!"