CHAPTER TWENTY

GWENDOLYN LOOKED HORRIFIED, she weeped silently to hear screams

GWENDOLYN LOOKED HORRIFIED, she weeped silently to hear screams. She was in bed screaming for help. An arrow was hit, on her stomach. She was pregnant with her second child. She was going to loose the child.
Slowly, her world started to fade. She lost her sense and thoughts, she was shaking.
"Please, Gwendolyn. Stay calm." Uther tried to tell her. Slowly, she started to shake, trying to control her feelings, she held onto the bed crying.

"Uther, please." She cried out, weakly. Uther ran towards her side holding her hand. "It's okay, we're going to be okay." He held onto her trying to calm her down. "Please, my love."
Gwendolyn tried to cried out holding his hand.
"Uther, please. My children." She cried out, weakly. Uther held onto her hand unable to say anything.

"Please where is Mal and Milo?" She cried out weakly. He pressed a kiss on her hand, in tears. "I don't know." He tried to say, she felt her world crashing down. Charles is dead. Her children are missing. She got hit by the arrow and she's pregnant. She is going to loose her child. Her baby.

"Please, Uther get some help for me." She begged him. "I can't loose the child." Uther cried being weak for the first time being with her. She wasn't supposed to get hit, she was supposed to be safe and rescued. Her whole life is crashing down in his eyes.

"I can't. If they see that you're alive. They will kill you." His mother had order the murders of Prince Charles and Gwendolyn. He didn't want it to happen. He order the death of Charles not Gwendolyn. Gwendolyn is the love of his life, the girl he grew to loved. The one woman, who he loved al his life.

"Uther, there's something you must know." He looked at her warily. "What's wrong?" He held onto her hand. Gwendolyn slowly cried out, she looked at him with weak eyes, she took her hand placed it on his cheek.

"The baby is ours, Uther." Slowly, he looked surprised, he cried out with such agony. He can't loose her, it's his child. "You can't mean that! The child can't be mine?" She slowly cried out holding herself even more.

"You have to save our child. It is. Charles knew but he wanted to raise it. Please, save our child, Uther." She cried out loudly, she was going to die. Uther wouldn't saved her. She could see the water, the waves falling apart. She could see the water. She is home. Slowly she lost her unconscious, she was going to die.

"Gwendolyn!" He cried out, which in turn led to a hole in the roof; she could see the stars. Uther stared at it, eyes widening.

"Gwendolyn!" he shouted again. Uther dove forwards, his heart pounding wildly. Blood was oozing from stomach and his heart was throbbing painfully but nothing mattered;

"Please, do not die," he shouted, eyes sweeping the pots and bunches of colourful flowers that had tended to so well. Slowly, mind blank, he swung himself around and climbed carefully across to the thatched awning just over the front door, and jumped down from there, barely wincing as his injured ankle made compact with the ground. He left the room as she laid dead.

He struggled to maintain balance. She is dead. So is the child that was growing inside of her. His child. He tried to leave AshFolk. He needed to be out there. He didn't kill her. He couldn't. He hated Fey's this was hatred against them. He hates them. He doesn't blame himself, he blames them.

Slowly, she laid on bed dead. Gwendolyn was dead for loving a man, who could never loved her back. For growing a child, that will never see the light of day. She will never see the light of day.

Meanwhile, Lenore rode into AshFolk, she saw the village ruined. People are dead. Bodies were laying on bed. Lenore rode slowly trying to look for Gwendolyn. She stop near the cottage, she ran inside looking for Gwendolyn. The children were brought to her. Gwendolyn wasn't there. She than horrified saw a person laying on the bed.

She watched her hollow, glassy green eyes, so devoid of life stared back at her, and Lenore found that he could not turn away. She took in Gwendolyn pale, limp face, and a hatred of against of red paladins. Her hands were so clenched that her nails dug into her palms, and she felt a trickle of blood

Gwendolyn stared back, so perfectly green, were staring at a point just over Lenore.
Her expression, frozen on her face, was fearful, and a pain so excruciating filled inside her.
Unable to speak, not knowing what to say anyway, she held onto Gwendolyn body holding her in his arm as she laid lifeless on the bed.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't there." Lifting her moonlight illuminated face, she watched her pale face, she saw how different she looked.

And then they were gone. "Goodbye, Gwendolyn."