CHAPTER TWO

Gwendolyn had received a invitation, it was odd

Gwendolyn had received a invitation, it was odd. It was addressed to her by King Uther Pendragon, whose only by his early twenties. It was for feast that is being thrown by him. It also stated he invited Prince Charles.

"You should not go." Lenora warned her. "Why mustn't I? Uther has been a good friend of mine when we were younger. He is good man."

Lenora sighed. "That would very mean well but his entire kingdom are not comfortable with the idea of Fey entering their castle. Uther very well be King but his council, and the guidance of his mother urged him to stay very far from a woman like you." That's when she snapped trying to bring some sense to her.

"I must. I'm going there for Charles. I'm loosing, Charles. This will be my last time." Gwendolyn had no choice to accept it. "I'm going, Lenora. No use to stop me." Lenora gave her uneasy look slowly began to think this was going to be a bad idea. Sure, Uther has been good friends with her when they younger but no she is a woman, married and with children. Surely, it's not secret that Uther had some sort of infatuation for her when they were younger

"If your going, we must seek you to have the proper items and dresses for your travel. You are a princess." Lenora assured her. "I'll make sure to take care of the babies." Immediately huge grinned appeared on her lips. "Thank, thank you, Lenora." They smiled at each other widely, truly happy.

It's had been a month, she finally arrived in the kingdom. The castle was outright beautifully departed of sunflowers on the sides, since summer has bloomed. She walked in the castle as some servants help her with her bags. She thought of her babies, Mal and Milo. Her sweet children. Immediately, she was pulled for embrace. She faced short pale man.

"Ah! Gwendolyn have heard so much about you. Come girl, come." The man pulled her along causing her to shakily moved towards him.

She wonders where is Charles?

They had directed her to a room. It was wider room, with long specks curtains covering the outside view. The bed had red sheets with brown furniture within it at every corner of the room. Gwendolyn felt alone, she sat on the bed. She came for Charles? She needed to get him back before it was to late.

The door opens revealing a maid, she held a smile. "Come milady," the man asked of her. She continued to do so following her to the King headquarters. As soon as she entered, she found herself in front of Uther Pendragon.

"Gwendolyn," he murmured, shocked to see her after long time. She is beautiful with her long red fiery hair, green crystal eyes. Gwendolyn smiled politely walking forward to sit in front of him. Slowly, she noticed they were alone and the maid had left on spot.
"It's nice to see you, King Uther."  Uther watches amused at her attitude. "Why are you acting that way?"

"Apologies, my king. I don't know why you seek me to be invited to this feast." Immediately, Uther statically smiled at her response.
"Gwendolyn, you have been my friend since we're kids. Our fathers met and been good friends and they hoped one day, we would be-"

"No! Stop!"  Gwendolyn interrupted getting into a serious tone. "Whatever happen between us, is over. I'm a mother, I have children, Uther." Immediately, Uther eyes fell, he didn't understand. He thought she would loved him back, she knew him longer than Charles.

"It seems like Charles has left you. He is marrying another." Gwendolyn furrowed her eyebrows. "Last time, Uther. Charles may seem like he forgotten about me but he will never forget our children. Our children. I loved him, I still do." That's when Uther sighed. He knew fully well, she wouldn't budged.

"It's shame Gwendolyn loving a man who can be yours." Her eyes lit up, unsure. "What do you mean?"

Uther smirked. "Haven't, Charles told you. He is to married within two months." Impossible. He said a year. "Under my orders, of course." Uther added infuriating her further. She couldn't take it anymore. "Why? Uther, I love him with all my heart. He is the father of my babies."

"I know that. It's despicable you choose to carried his children and become his lover. If you and me would have been together, you would have been queen. Our children would have been kings or queens one day." Tears stream down her face thinking how he was imagining things that could have been true.
He is right. They would have been together and perhaps, Uther could have changed the rules and laws help the Fey people.

"You and I, both know that's impossible." Gwendolyn spoke. "Your father knew exactly what, I am. They will never allowed such thing." As soon as she said those words, Uther hurried his way towards her standing above her, bending down on his knee, taking her hand. "I have not been a good person but, I respect you and, I always wanted to be with you even if you have children, I shall raised them and grant them titles."

Gwendolyn faced him with tears, sobbing. That's when, he placed his hand on her cheek, shaking. He than lean-forward their lips were seconds away from being met till, the door opened. Gwendolyn turns to see Charles.

"Charles?" Gwendolyn spoke, horrified backing away from Uther. She watched as Charles charming smile fell, held a stern look simply couldn't believed it, what he is witnessing.
They both met their eyes for brief second that's when she knew she just broke Charles heart.