CHAPTER FIVE

The next morning, she was getting for annual feast that was supposed to occurred within a week

The next morning, she was getting for annual feast that was supposed to occurred within a week. Charles accompanied her that morning. It was just those two, they left their twins with Roslyn.

There were merchants selling silk, fishermen gutting their catch, farmers selling their product and bards singing tales of noble knights and fair maidens. It felt like festival, it was really all a act for the upcoming annual feast.

They made their stop to Du Lac family. A man answer the door, quickly ushering them inside.

"Hello, Gwendolyn," the man greeted her. He gave her hug. "I'm sorry for your father." She smiled in delight. "Truly your apologies mean a lot to us. Thank you for remembering. It means a lot." The man smiled upon her till he took a look at Charles, who stood beside her.

"Whose this young handsome man?" He asked. Charles gave a short smile. Gwendolyn looked over to Charles holding her hand out for him to take. Charles took it gently.

She than introduced. "This is Charles." The man than hug Charles like he was long lost son. "This must be the father of those adorable kids." He than looked to the side. "Wait here,'' the man ordered them walking towards the back of the house. Charles and her began to looked around studying the cottage, they were in. Full of paint.

"This is quite a interesting place," she murmured. Charles let out a laughed.

"Are you an angel?" Gwendolyn turned her head to look at the boy seated on the table, who was staring right at the her. Gwendolyn glanced at Charles who looked amused. They didn't even noticed a young boy sitting on the table in the side. "Hello, there?" Gwendolyn waved, awkwardly. Charles turned his attention on him, amused. He had competition. "I bet you say that to all the pretty girls?" said Charles speaking for Gwendolyn. They boy smiled showing some dimples.

"No, not really." The little boy turned his attention on her. Gwendolyn found her cheeks heating up from the compliment, and she quickly tore her gaze away from the young boy as she folded her arms across her chest. "We-well, how would you know if I was an angel, anyway?" The boy hummed, swinging his feet back and forth as he replied to the younger brunette, "My father have seen many creatures in his life. He has talked of Angels. He says they're almost  like moon-wings. He tells me stories of many creatures including Angels. He says they're the most beautiful creatures." His answer sent even more blood rushing to the poor flustered girl's face, and she had to completely hide her face with her hand to avoid further embarrassment.

"What's your name?" She asked curiously.

Immediately, she turned curious. The young boy sighed. "They call me Lancelot." Both of them smiled at each other, happily. "You should meet my daughter, Mal. She is only three, you loved her. She is adorable."

The little boy eyes peered out. "Really? She's three. I'm ten. Why didn't you bring Mal? I would have loved to meet her." Gwendolyn stared at the boy, amused. He certainly had a lot of personality in him.

"She is only three. She ain't ready for this travel. She is my ray of sunshine, to young to travel." Charles spoke up. "She is our daughter." He finished. Suddenly, Lancelot frowned, he obviously didn't like the answer that Charles gave him. Then it hit her. She quickly looked around and began to think. She remembers she always carried around her special moonstone for luck. He will need it.

She turned to take his hand. "Hold this?" She handed him her a small moonstone, she always carried around. "Woah, a moonstone?" Lancelot responded.

"Keep it." Gwendolyn spoke, softly. She bend down staring at the little boy, taking his hand. "This moonstone will protect you. You will carry a piece of me," she giggled. The little boy smiled staring at her.
"You have pretty eyes," he finished. She let out giggled watching him. She slowly got up and made her way to Charles.

"He is charmer." Charles commented. "He certainly is." They stared at him wondering about him. He wonders who he is? Why would he say this? He certainly is unique a boy.

"Milo would have loved to meet him," she commented. "I'm afraid Mal would have loved too." Charles finished. They both began to laughed at each other response. Truly they had no idea that in few years they there children will certainly meet this young boy in the future. A future will the death will be reeling around this young boy. It will certainly be a future, she would never imagined this young boy to follow. A future where he will be known as the weeping monk.

She shakes her head refusing to think an y more. She turned her attention on Charles, "He is adorable!" Immediately, she touched Charles hand giving him some chills. She began to think of Lancelot question. The question was simple, but eleven-year-old boys are not universally known for their complexity. He only asked the truth as he understood it because she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It didn't change when she left him, leaving him alone with midst of guilt and sorrow. Everything will changed when he meets her daughter again, in the future.