Her Acquaintance, Appreciation

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm glad that you're looking forward to it," Ciel said with a small smile though you could see the happy expression that he was trying to hid and you lightly chuckled underneath your breath. You gazed upon the younger male as you watched as he continued to work on the papers that in front of him, a wistful smile on your face while you watched him work. Even if he tried not to admit it, he had changed compared to the first meeting between the two of you. Unlike the cold male who had scrutinized and distrusted everyone around him, he had opened up more, developing friendships with those you knew and ever so slightly, his mood had lightened to become happier.

"What is it?"

Flinching ever so slightly at the sudden sound of his voice, you had failed to realize in your daze that he had noticed you watching him and a sheepish expression crossed your face. Though the said could be said about him, as a light blush had settled over his features and he tentatively rubbed at his blue hair.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something." Those words were the only explanation that you gave him. You didn't want to go into full detail that you were reflecting on how much the younger male had changed throughout the two years you had lived in the Phantomhive Manor knowing that he would adamantly refuse this. "I'm just really happy that you're holding this small get together."

Ciel blinked at your small explanation, but the smile remained on his face as he paused from writing on the documents. "Well I'm just glad that you seemed to be looking forward to this feast. I just hope that nothing goes wrong for the day." He had grumbled that part underneath his mouth, but it was loud enough that you could clearly hear what he had said. Finding it funny, an amused grin crept onto your face just as you stood from the chair.

'Well I'm going to help the others prepare for the gathering," you informed the earl whose eyes followed your movements. With a small stretch, you pushed the chair further to the desk so that it wouldn't be in the way of any other people. "I'll come back later in the day once I'm done."

"I'll see you later then (Y/N)."

With a small wave, you turned and left the study room, softly closing the door behind once you had stepped out into the hallway. 'Knowing Sebastian he's probably in the kitchen making the food. I know there's no way in hell that he's letting Bard of all people near it.' Slowly, you made your way down the hallway being sure to keep a look out for any of the other servants. Based on the patterns of the others, they were either around the manor setting up decorations, or doing their usual duties - Finny in the gardens while Mey-Rin dusted and cleaned. Then again, if they were someplace where they commonly weren't you could always have Pluto sniff them out. If you could find the demon hound that was.

It was then that the loud, happy exclamation of the servants reached your ears from further down the hallway and a smile crept across your face upon hearing the joy that was in their voices. It wasn't long that you came upon the three mischievous servants who were in an open section of the manor and you simply lingered back to watch their cheerful actions.

Mey-Rin was diligently cleaning the few furniture that was in the room while Finny was setting up small decorations around the room. Bard was also assisting Finny, the cook most likely having been kicked out of the kitchen by Sebastian.

After a moment, you pushed yourself off of the wall and crossed the room over to where they were on the opposite side. "Need any help?"

They quickly spun around at the sound of your voice, Mey-Rin releasing a small yelp in surprise before a sheepish expression crossed her face.

"Sorry for startling you Mey-Rin."

The maid rubbed the back of her neck, giving you a small, sheepish head before giving a shake of her head. "It's okay. I should have known that it was you," she said from where she stood next to Bard. "I was just cleaning up while these two were just placing up decorations," she stated, summarizing what you had been watching them do. "There's just a few things around the manor that we still need to do, but you can help me for the time being."