Chapter 20 Mission Successful

"Hey Himeko, I heard that there was only 1 valkyrie fighting against 1 Emperor class Honkai beast. Why was there only 1 though? Is the branch here really lacking in powerful valkyries?"

"That shouldn't be the case. There are several A-rank valkyries and the squad leader should be among the top."

"I see." Hmm, interesting. I should investigate this matter after the invasion.

--------------- 22 minutes later

There was 1 Honkai Emperor left but it was gravely injured from going through several QTEs.

Himeko sprinted towards it and swung her greatsword straight down at the Honkai Emperor. The beast became 2 pieces and thus, the last Honkai beast was defeated.

I stared in disbelief as Himeko had just stood on the side for the whole time just observing.

She basically stole the end credits! That's like working in a group project and all you did was present a part you didn't even do!

Either way, that doesn't change the fact that the invasion was over.

"We won!" Kiana was the first to react, as always.

The others followed suit and were all celebrating.

The medical team came to treat anyone who's injured and the cleanup team got rid of all the Honkai beast and zombie corpses.

The citizens were allowed to come back after some time and many were depressed from the loss of loved ones or property but most were just relieved.

I got back up to Hyperion with every valkyrie, including the ones in Hong Kong.

I plan to get them back to their base as well as talk to their leader.

------------ At the Hong Kong Valkyrie base entrance.

There were a group of women standing in front with uniforms of what seems to be of high ranking military officers.

I assume the one in the middle with the most decorations was the leader. She has the gracefullness and looks of Mei but her demeanor just screams high class.

"I welcome the captain and valkyries of Hyperion." The leader greeted and the rest all saluted.

"Ah yes, greetings to you as well. You may just call me Captain. Now how should I address you?"

"My name is Shuli Zhu, the leader of Hong Kong's valkyrie branch. I shouldn't leave you all outside like this so please come in, everyone."

Himeko, Diane, and I have the highest ranks so we went in to represent Hyperion.

I went into what seems to be Shuli's office and damn is there a lot of art. The paintings are probably antique and the displays are probably all artifacts.

"First off, I commend you for doing a fine job delaying the Honkai invasion. You were able to minimize the losses in lives."

"It is my duty to protect the people and what's important to them."

"Good, your valkyries were also able to eliminate an Emperor class Honkai beast while evacuating most of Kwun Tong district, that is also worthy of praise."

"Eh?" Shuli and her assistant's faces all had the look of shock.

"Hm? What's the problem."

"Ahem. In my opinion, the credit should go to Hyperion for this subjugation."

"Why? Wasn't it one of your valkyries who subjugated the beast?"

Both of them seemed shocked to hear this but quickly returned to normal.