Chapter 4 Captain The...Teacher?

While getting my measurements done I heard a ping in my head. I decide to open the system.

System Updated. Captain On Bridge

My Valkyrie menu seems to be unlocked.

There's an exclamation mark next to the news menu so I clicked on it.

Let's see what's new.

Congratulations, you are now officially the Captain of Hyperion.

New function unlocked: Valkyries

You will be able to temporarily inherit the skill set and stats of your chosen valkyrie(s) as well as equipping weapons and stigmata using stamina.

YESSS!!!! This means I do have overpowered abilities in this world! I am so going to be able to crush any enemy!

I go back to reading.

The stamina expenditure will be as follows:

Natural S-rank Valkyries- 75 units of stamina per minute

Natural A-rank Valkyries- 50 units of stamina per minute

Natural B-rank Valkyries- 25 units of stamina per minute

Every rank up from the initial rank will consume 5 extra stamina. (Author's note: for example B-rank White Comet would cost 25 but S-rank White Comet would cost 35)

You can choose any 3 valkyrie stats to inherit at any given time as a team. Awakened valkyries and their counterparts cannot be on the same team.
-------------------------------------
6 star weapons- 60 units of stamina per minute

5 star weapons- 45 units of stamina per minute

4 star weapons- 30 units of stamina per minute

3 star weapons- 15 units of stamina per minute

2 star weapons- 5 units of stamina per minute

Equipment not obtained from system will not require stamina.
---------------------------
5 star stigmata- 18 units of stamina per minute (each)

4 star stigmata- 12 units of stamina per minute (each)

3 star stigmata- 6 units of stamina per minute (each)

2 star stigmata- 3 units of stamina per minute (each)

In a team, only the highest quality of each category will be counted and stamina will be spent every second.

Stamina will be restored by 1 unit every 6 minutes or by items that grant stamina.
-------------------------------

This is a scam. If I were to inherit the highest quality of what I'm able to: SS-rank of a natural S, 6 star weapon and 3 (5) star stigmata- that'll cost me 194 stamina. PER MINUTE. That is above my 165 stamina limit! I'm forced to take stamina potions then!

What is this? Stage difficulty: Real Life?

I currently have 35 stamina potions.

To be fair, battles usually last less than a minute in the game as I prioritize attack damage and speed more than anything else. This is because I need to end battles quickly to get a high score. Also the fact that my max teams will most likely make me one of the strongest in this world, temporarily, as in most likely less than a minute unless I use potions.

I guess Dawei is really testing my skills as a Honkai Impact veteran player.

Ok no more of this, my mind is going to shut down.
----------------------------

So after getting tailored by the one and only Himeko, I feel my otaku self trembling as I got to be near one of my waifus. She had a wonderful fragrance, that of roses.....mixed in with the smell of alcohol. I guess she was drinking again, I truly feel bad that she had to cope with all the depressing memories using alcohol.

Theresa walked up to me holding a card in her hand.

"Here's your captain's ID, you can use it to pay for items and of course, as an identification. There's already 100 thousand Homu coins as your initial Salary. You will have a monthly salary."(Author's note: I don't actually know what currency they use.)

.......Homu coins. Everything in this world seems to be ruled by Homu.

Still, 100k huh? That must be a lot considering I'm now a high ranking officer.

"Thanks Theresa." I received my ID.

It looks like a white card with the signature wings of Schicksal on it

There's also a square microchip thing on it.

"What's this?" I pointed towards the chip.

"It's for registering the card with your fingerprint. Do you not know how how ID cards work?" Theresa answered with a puzzled look.

"Ah right of course, sorry my brain malfunctioned for moment." More like my Neanderthal brain has not adopted this this society yet.

I put my thumb on the chip and the card shined a bit. I guess that means my fingerprint is registered.

"Hey Theresa, is it possible to hide my identity as captain for now?

"Huh? Yes but why would you want to do that?"

"I want to assess the current state of things to make adjustments and get used to this place."

"I see. Then you can be a teacher and and help out with Himeko."

Ehhh?! Teacher?! What the hell am I supposed to teach to super humans, especially Himeko's combat class?!

"Um, is there another option?"

"Yes, you can also be a cleaning staff responsible for the whole of Hyperion! Isn't that great?!"

Great my ass! I'll die of exhaustion the first day on my job!

"I guess I'll be a teacher and help Himeko with her class."

"Hehe, I'll be in your care, Captain." (Himeko)

"Likewise."

"Diane, come in!" Theresa calls out. Then in comes Diane.

"Yes? Principal Theresa?

"Captain here is now the...captain? of Hyperion. Bring him to his dorm. Also, he has requested to hide his ranking so he's considered a teacher right now."

"Understood, principal Theresa" Diane turned towards me.

"Captain-sama, allow me to lead you to your dorm."

"Um sure."

Captain-sama!!! Yesss! An anime chick is addressing me with "sama"!