Chapter 5 The Rich Life of Captain

Once again, I was led like a tourist out of the office and went on another leg workout on campus.

The school campus is stupidly big like it is shown in the game, except now there is no invisible barriers and I have to walk the whole way.

(Author's note: Art from Honkai Impact manga chapter 7)

We finally reached a building that resembles a house of sorts, of course the material and paint job are all top quality.

"So I presume my dorm is one of the rooms and I'll be having housemates in separate rooms?"

Dang, this is pretty nice, the room is probably luxurious just like the exterior of the house. I hope that my housemates are females as well, I'll finally be able to live out the dream of sharing a house with only females like in animes.

"No Captain-sama, this house will be your's. Of course you can also invite others to move in."

".....I see."

How fucking rich is the Far East Branch?!
I get to have my own luxury house on campus?! This house would easily cost over $5 million in my old world! I guess us players never got to see the privileges of a Schicksal captain.

I got up to the front door and stood there puzzled.

There were no door knobs or handles to open it.

"Hey Diane, uh, how do I open this?"

Diane had a face of bewilderment for a second but quickly switched back to her serious face.

"Captain-sama, you'll be able to unlock the door by waving your ID card in front of the scanner. It will register you as the owner and you will get master privileges."

"Ah, I see."

I put my ID against the scanner of the door and beeped to signal my registration.

I walked inside and whatdya know, it's all decked out. I checked out all of the rooms and Diane followed behind me.

The house has super sized versions of typical rooms except there are several bedrooms, an infinity pool, a gym, a mini movie theater, and even a sauna!

Along the way, I frequently asked Diane about how different things function and she probably got used to my lack of knowledge in technology by now.

We walked back to the entrance.

"Hey Diane, sorry about asking all these questions that should be common knowledge, it's just that I didn't come from a financially stable household so all these feel pretty new to me(kinda true even in my old world). I'd also like to thank you for explaining how everything works."

"That is no problem Captain-sama, you are free to request my assistance in such matters and I will gladly provide assistance." Diane bowed and her facial expression seems softer when she lifted her head.

"Captain-sama, regarding your belongings, would you like to have them moved here?"

Belongings. I don't even know who this body is much less where he lives.

"Ah no, I'm quite a minimalist so I only need extra clothing right now. I'll go shopping after this and get them here."

"Captain-sama, there's no need for you to personally purchase clothing. Just tell me what you need and I'll have staff get them for you"

"There is no need, I want to buy other items and see if there's anything interesting in the city as well."

"I see, then I will assign 4 A-rank valkyries as your body guards."

4 A-ranks?! What the hell, unless the city is infested with Honkai, I think I'll be fine by myself.

"There's really no need, I'll be fine by myself."

"But-"

"Alright, would it work if I had a weapon on me?"

Diane stood pondering for a moment.

"...Yes Captain-sama, please follow me."

I followed Diane and she walked back into the house and opened the drawer a large cabinet.

It was filled to the brim with weapons.

They range from guns to knives to katanas to even explosives.

Diane picked up a specific gun and handed it to me.

A Desert Eagle.

(Author's note: from Honkai Impact wiki)

"This is a Desert Eagle, the fire power should be powerful enough to protect yourself from Chariot class Honkai beasts. Although you should be wary of the recoil."

".....I see. Am I free to go now?"

"Yes, Captain-sama"

"I know how to get to the entrance and I can use the map from my smartphone. Anways, thank you for the help."

"It's my pleasure, I shall take my leave now."

I begin to walk down the path towards the school entrance. Along the way, many girls were looking at me curiously and gossiping among themselves. I guess it's inevitable as I'm a male in a valkyrie high school afterall, so seeing a male is a pretty rare sight.

I finally reached the entrance and took my first step out into the city.

I am feeling pretty confident because with my Desert Eagle, what could go wrong?

(Hint: there will finally be action next chapter)