Choose.../Aphmau's Family Secret

Start from the beginning

"Right." Lucinda agrees. "Kim no longer has complete power over Ghost." She sighs. "This... could be bad."

"REALLY?" Garroth asks, scared.

"Yeah." Lucinda replies. Then she sighs. "Um, let's get Kim to the boat."

"UHHH--BUT FIRST!" Garroth says. "Uhhh... can I try the costume on? I've always wanted to---"

"Now, Garroth!" I scold, kicking the costume from his groping hands.

"Awwww." He says sadly, helping us pick Kim up and carry her back to the boat, laying her in bed.

"Uhhhhhh..." She groans sadly, closing her eyes.

"She'll be all right." Lucinda assures me.

"You're sure?"

"She should be. Ghost shouldn't come back, at least for a while." Lucinda says. "In the meantime, why don't we go upstairs and finish the tea we were so rudely pulled away from?"

I giggle. "Well, Zane~Chan was at risk. I had to!"

Lucinda laughs. "True. Garroth, you coming?"

"Sure!" He links arms with Lucinda and I and pulls us up the stairs, to our tea party waiting for us under the bright silver moon.

_________________________________

"We better get to bed before Zane and KC come back." I say, putting my long-empty cup down.

Lucinda makes a pouting face. "But this is fun! It's the first time we've talked in a while, both of you!"

Garroth giggles. "Yeaaah... That's true. But, I agree with baby sister. It's WAAAAY past your bedtime." He says sternly.

"Excuse me?" I demand. "My bedtime?"

"Yes."

I laugh. "All right, all right. But only because I miss Mummy, and you're the next best thing."

"Awwww. Wait. Is that a compliment?"

I hug him. "Yes, you big teddy bear." I wave to Lucinda. "Bye, Lucy! We'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with Zane~Chan deets!"

Lucinda smiles. "All right, then. 'Night!"

Garroth pulls me towards the upper deck so we can travel down to our rooms. Then he freezes. "Uh-oh."

"What?" I peek around him and see Zane and Kawaii~Chan heading our way. My heart plummets. "Eep! Hide, Garroth! Hide!"

He ducks behind the doorway and I do the same on the opposite side. I catch him peeking around and sigh. "Plug your ears and close your eyes!" I command. Whining, he does so. I plug my ears, but I keep my eyes open just in case Garroth peeks. I hear muffled conversations behind us, and some weird bubble sound, and then Kawaii~Chan, very red, goes upstairs to her room. I feel the sudden urge to laugh.

And then I catch the giggling.

Oh, Irene. That's what the 'bubble sound' was.

"Garroth, no!" I hiss, but he's grinning and giggling and I suddenly can't control my giggles, we're both giggling and my ears are uncovered.

"Huh?" Zane's voice comes. We both keep giggling and Zane's voice turns stern. "Garroth... Violet..."

GIGGLE.

"I know that's you guys!" Zane appears on either side of us, and we're caught. "AH-HA!" Zane exclaims. He runs toward Garroth and, still giggling, I join them.