Cole - One

1

Cole

I threw my tools into the bed of the truck, and ran back into the customers house to get the rest. I was on a mission and we were finishing up here anyway. The guys could handle the rest before they left for the day.

"Bro." Kase grabbed my arm before I could rush past him for a fourth time. "Why you in a mad dash out?"

"Noah, he's got a t-ball game. It's his first one. They all thought I wasn't going to make it but we finished a lot sooner so." I shrugged.

"Shit man, go. I've got this."

"Just trying to grab the rest of my shit." I laughed as he waved me off.

"Cole, your name is on it. Go be with your son, help him get that win."

"Thanks Kase."

"Fuck yea. Just remember I might be the younger twin but I'm the better twin."

"Fuck you." We both laughed and I walked out of the house to my truck, threw my stuff in the bed and left. The house was on the way to the baseball field so I stopped and grabbed my bike, gearing up before heading to the field.

I got there and the field he was playing on you couldn't see from the parking lot. I put my helmet on the peg, threw my jacket and gloves over the seat and started walking. I ran my hands threw my hair a few times knowing it was probably stuck my face, luckily, I had a hat with me and threw that on, keeping the brim low hitting my sunglasses. It was hot as shit out here today.

I found the field little man was at and looked around for my other two kids, they were no where to be found, weird. I spotted Noah in the dugout; he was looking down at his cleats obviously upset. I started walking around the field to get over to him, knowing he'd be happier the second he saw me. I didn't make it all the way around though, something stopped me in my tracks. Top of the bleachers right behind the dugout.

Before I even let my mind process what I was seeing, I just had to think. I never thought this would happen to me, ever. I never thought I would be a married man at 28 with 3 amazing kids. I also never thought I'd be staring at my wife, making out with another guy, at our child's baseball game. The worst part about it all. I don't think it even hurt. I think relief was flooding through me more than anything.

I dipped around making sure that Tia didn't spot me, and went into the dugout. Noah's eyes lit up immediately.

"Daddy! You made it!"

"Sure did, wanted to surprise you." He wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Coach! My Dad made it!" Jenkins, the coach walked over and shook my hand.

"Sup, Cole."

"Nothing man, cool if I hang in here?"

"Yea, of course. Noah's doing awesome out there. He's up next."

"I am?" Noah asked him.

"Yup, get that helmet on boy!" Jenkins laughed handing Noah a helmet and tapped it a few times before Noah ran out to the plate. He looked back at me and I gave him a double thumbs up. He smiled ear to ear and swung his heart out. The ball took off to the middle of the outfield and Jenkins and I were jumping and yelling for him to run. He got to third before the base coach told him to stop. Damn I'm glad I got here in time.

His team ended up winning even though there aren't any actual winners or losers, its fucking t-ball for six-year old's.

"Can I come home with you?" I knelt down, so that we were eye level.