Cole - Twenty-Nine

29

Cole

I walked in the house and all my brothers and my sister were already sitting around the living room. Most of them laughing and joking around. Mom and Dad were standing in front waiting for them to calm down. We've all been drinking, calming down ain't about to happen. I walked over and sat down between Kase and Trent.

"Like him! He's an idiot and still some how managed to snag a good and gorgeous girl!" Trent said laughing, I looked over confused.

"That's because they've been in love with one another since they were like 12 and 16. Make sure you get that right. He's just the idiot that got the wrong girl pregnant." Kayle said so I looked over at her.

"True, and y'all thought he was going to be the first to have a kid, but shoot. At least I didn't get the wrong girl knocked up." Kase said laughing.

"Woah! Is this a roast the crap out of me session?" I looked between them, everyone was laughing and talking over one another.

"Okay seriously, can y'all hush please." Our Mom stated laughing, nobody stopped.

"YO!" Dad said loudly and immediately we all stopped talking and looked at the both of them. Mom just smiled over at Dad and shook her head. He shrugged. "What, I still got it." She rolled her eyes and looked back at us.

"Okay, we can make this quick. Nana, before she passed, had given me a few things. Over the years most of you have received something of hers. Well there is one thing left and she told me it was to go to one of you." Nana was our Mom's Mom just to be clear. "Now, I was just going to hold onto it since what it is kind of...anyway, there are circumstances now that have changed that."

"Nothing's changed, I mean besides this dou...guy...getting divorced and his kids." Trent said from the arm of the couch confused. Mom looked at him wide-eyed. "Oh." Trent gave a smile and elbowed me. I have no clue what's going on, thankfully I wasn't wasted. Yet.

"Nana, wanted Kayle to have it, she's already got one. So, the only other person Nana really wanted to have it was Dylan." Mom looked directly at me, I looked back up at her confused.

"Uh what?" I gave a nervous smile completely lost as to what the hell she was talking about. Kayle peaked around Kase with her hand in the air.

"Something I already have; Nana wants Dylan to have." Kayle looked at me like I was supposed to know exactly what she was talking about. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head.

"Wait, what's that have to do with all of us?" Trent asked, obviously getting it.

"Well, I wanted to make sure you all were okay with it before just giving it up. Seth didn't care which is why he isn't here right now. But the rest of you have a say in this as well."

"If anyone deserves it, its Dylan!" Kayle squealed. I looked over at her wide-eyed.

"I don't know what we're talking about!" I slightly yelled but was laughing. Kayle had her hand up and was wiggling it around so I did it right back to her and Kase and Jensen both started cracking up.

"You're the dense twin." Kase said still laughing. I look at him confused this time.

"What?"

"Exactly. Mom wants to give you something of Nana's, for Dylan." I shook my head shrugging my shoulders again.

"Well, since apparently he's the only one that doesn't get it. Does anyone else have an issue with it?" Everyone said either 'no' or 'nope'. "Okay, well then the rest of you get back out there, Cole, come on." She motioned for me to follow her.