Earth Mode ON: FIFTY FIVE

Start from the beginning

Just like the soldier had told us, in a couple of minutes the helicopter was landing slowly on the military base. It took a couple of seconds for the rotor blade to stop rotating the moment the helicopter was stable on the ground and then it was safe for us to exit the helicopter. There was a huge, open meeting area and it was very crowded.  I assumed that this was where the found survivors were.

"You see this crowded area? That's where you are going to head first so the nurses can make sure you are alright and so you can register yourself. After you get this done, you can head to the building on the right. That's where the found survivors are, so I suggest you look for any family members there," The soldier told us before ascending the helicopter again.

"Oh! And inside the building there will be papers stapled to a board on your right. Those are the names of the already registered survivors. They get changed every hour, so make sure to check it out," The soldier shouted at us over the loud noise of the rotor blade. We all looked forward at  the crowd of people and got reminded with the emergency camps. This was our second and most probably the last time we were going to get saved. We all stood in a horizontal line next to each other and clenched our fists against the ropes that tied us together. We looked at each other for a moment before our other hands found their way to the rope and one by one we started releasing our hands from the rope. The moment my hand was released, I rubbed it as gently as I could. The rest of the members did the same too before we all walked towards the crowd, hand in hand, not wanting to let go of each other even if the rope was off.

□•□•□•□•□•□•□•□

Life had gotten a bit easier than it used to be. The members found Bang PD and most of the staff inside the building. Most of them got injured as well, but they were left to recover slowly alongside the members. As for me, I had found only one friend of mine. The feeling that overcame me the moment I recognized who she was was indescribable. It felt as though my life wasn't as destroyed as I thought it was. We all stayed in the military base until some of the buildings got repaired. It wasn't too hard for our country to get everything repaired, so it didn't take so long. A year had passed in the military base, and it was safe for everyone to leave the base and go back to their houses. There was no use in going back to my old house, since both my parents were gone and most of my stuff most probably got washed away, so I knew I had to start anew. The day the members were leaving to their building, we met again. We all shared hugs and promises. They promised that they'll always be there for me, that they will remember me in every step they take, and in every look they take in the mirror. They say good bye moments are the worst, and they truly are. I shared my final moment with the member that I spent the most time with, Namjoon. He was the one with me when I entered the operation room back at camp, and also the one who stayed next to me during my recovery time. He was the one who helped me look for Jungkook, the one who endured many sleepless nights to keep me safe. There was no way I would've been able to let him leave without sharing a final moment with him.

"Thank you Namjoon. For everything," I remember telling him.

"If there is anyone to be thanked, then it is you. You brought us back together safely, and I'm grateful towards you," He said then pulled my gently into his embrace.

"Take care of yourself Seo Yeon," he said in the embrace, his voice cracking. I closed my eyes and held him tight, knowing that if I let go of him, I would never get to see him again.