Earth Mode ON: FOURTY NINE

I stared at the ground under my bed as time passed by

I stared at the ground under my bed as time passed by. Namjoon was fast asleep next to me, and what kept me feeling safe and warm was the sound of the slight snores that escaped his slightly parted mouth.

Another thirty minutes have passed ever since the nurse promised us Yoongi's return, but he didn't make an appearance yet. I got kind of anxious as I waited for him, but I tried to remain composed. There were other things that I thought of that kind of distracted me from his delay. For instance, I thought about the fact that Yoongi technically doesn't know me, and he wouldn't find a reason to come over at this bed because he wouldn't be able to see the sleeping Namjoon. I also thought about how we were going to take him and Jungkook to the other tent where the rest of the members were. Another thing I thought of was the answer to why Yoongi left even though the tent was being sealed. How did the soldeirs even let him go through? They were so strict about letting Namjoon and I pass to the next tent, so how did they grant him the permission to flee the whole camp?

As I bombarded myself with questions and thoughts, I saw the same nurse who lead us to Yoongi the first time approach me. I sat up straight as slowly as I possibly could, hoping that Namjoon wouldn't wake up. It was the first time I've seen him sleep peacefully without having to worry about anything and I didn't want a single soul to disturb him.

"Min Yoongi is up and he is currently in the operation room. He might not be fully aware of his surroundings yet so don't panic when he doesn't recognize you or doesn't respond. Any abnormal behavior is normal too, so please don't worry and don't freak yourself and him out," She said and it made me smile. My heart started beating fast out if excitement. I bowed to her before excusing myself to wake Namjoon up.

I turned over to him and tapped his shoulder as gently as I possibly could.

"Namjoon. Namjoon wake up," I whispered to him, trying to not scare him.

His eyes fluttered open and I could see that he was still feeling drowsy because he had a hard time opening his eyes.

"What happened?" He asked me in a sleepy tone, and it made my heart flutter.

Cute.

"Yoongi just woke up. I thought you would want to see him," I said, and it was as though all the drowsiness that he previously felt had disappeared into thin air.

He sat up straight all of a sudden and his eyes were wide open.

"Come on," I told him with a wide smile and helped myself down the bed. He ran to my aid and held my arm.

The nurse was waiting for us patiently and smiled when we approached her.

"This way," She said and gestured for us to follow her.

My heart was jumping in excitement with every step we took forward towards the operation room. In the contrast to how I felt about that room the first time I came here, I felt extremely happy and excited to see that room because I knew what lied within it. It was our little meow meow: the one and only Min Yoongi. However, my mood went off when I remembered that I was going to have to see Jungkook's state all over again and knowing that he was in a critical condition was making it even worse for me.