Earth Mode ON: FIFTY FOUR

We were alright

We were alright. The looks of relief and triumph drawn all over their scarred faces were heartwarming. Anyone could tell that they were exhausted, tired from getting stomped over and hurt. It wasn't the case this time. This time, it was Bangtan and only Bangtan. They all went through tough situations, but at the very end, they still managed to find each other, because that's where they are meant to be: next to each other. It was fate alright.

I looked at the seven men sitting in front of me. The smiles on their faces spoke a million  words, not leaving any room for any more explanations. Their eyes were twinkling even though it was dark, and I knew that their presence by each other at last was the only thing they needed to keep that spark in them ignited.

"Finally guys. I finally found you all after so long," Namjoon, now completely drenched just like all of us, said with a wide, heartwarming smile.

"Ah," Yoongi sighed and then threw his head back at the sheet that was enclosed around us," I never thought I'd be able to rest like that."

"It has been too long indeed," Jin added, then everyone became silent and stared ahead at the ground, their once wide smiles disappearing gradually. I knew that they were recalling all what they've been through. No one but themselves knew, and I was dying to know what kind of troubles they all had to go through. They all had backstories, and I knew none of them. To me, they were always this one happy family that knew how to achieve everything. Little did I know that behind all those wide smiles were stories waiting to be told.

We all dwelled in the silence that overtook us, wondering what the world had in store for us. There was nothing for certain. We knew that this wasn't going to be the last storm, but things were eventually going to end well. We fought well, we stuck together, and we made it. And the outcome? Well, there was nothing more to ask for. We were all next to each other, ready to conquer whatever nature had to throw in our way.

"How is your wound Jimin?" I suddenly asked, making Jimin's attention suddenly divert to me.

"Oh," he said then looked down for a second then back at me and formed a smile on his face," It definitely feels better. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to before."

"I'm glad," I said with a wide smile then turned to look at Hoseok. I could still see the scratches and faint traces of the bruises that once decorated his face, and it hurt me to imagine what he could've possibly been through.

"What about you Hobi? How do you feel?" I asked him, earning a wide smile and an assuring nod.

"Definitely better. Thank you," He replied back, making my heart flutter at how the both of them finally stopped hurting. I could never imagine what it feels like to get your ribs fractured or to get stabbed.

"And you Yoongi? How is your shoulder?" I asked him.

"I still feel some form of pain, but it is much less than what it used to be," He answered, making my smile go wider.