Liquid Courage

The dream was supposed to end Monday morning, yet...it didn't.

Ming was confused when he walked into the Engineering canteen for lunch and saw Pha and Yo sitting with the second-year hazers, talking with them and laughing. He was trying to figure out what exactly they were doing there since they normally met up for lunch in the Science canteen when Yo spotted him and waved a hand, beaming.

"Ming!"

Ming kept his gaze on the floor as he walked over, about to sit next to his friend Tum when said guy suddenly scooted over. Now the only open seat was between Tum...and Pha. Ming wanted to strangle Tum for making his life hell.

Fuck you, bastard.

"Tum told us what you normally order," Yo bounced excitedly in his seat. For some reason, he was sitting across the table from Pha and not next to him. "Hope you don't mind."

"Well," Pree, another hazer, suddenly stood up and gathered up his tray. "I'm done."

"What?" Ming blinked at him. "But-"

"We were hungry," Cedar said with a guilty look. "Sorry, Ming. We didn't wait for you."

"I was only talking to the professor for ten minutes! What did you all do, hork your food down like pigs??" Ming was only teasing. He would've done the same thing.

"I'm going outside," Tum stretched his arms over his head. "Need some air."

"Need some sun, more like," Ming teased, poking his cheek.

Tum batted his hand away, shooting a nervous glance at the two watching the exchange with unhappy expressions. "Stop that."

"You're so pale, you look like a ghost. Go work on your tan," Ming shook his head, digging into his food.

Tum was relieved when his phone started to ring. "Nana, babe! Hey!" He said so Yo and Pha could hear - and hopefully not kill him.

Yo visibly relaxed, taking a sip of his pink milk. Pha, however, was still eyeing Tum as if thinking about possible hiding spots for a body.

Tum was gone, Pree and Cedar right behind him.

Yo took the opportunity to move to the other side of the table and sit next to Ming. "So," Yo started casually. "Do you and Tum do that a lot?"

"Do what?" Ming barely glanced at him.

"Touch each other so easily?"

Ming snorted, shaking his head. "Come on, Yo. I do the same shit with you. Are you telling me I can't treat all my friends the same?"

Yo pouted. You dummy...why can't you see I want us to be more?? All three of us. "Ming, I'm your best friend."

"Fine, best friend. I'll treat you a bit different, then. Happy?" Ming playfully ruffled Yo's hair.

"A little." Yo couldn't help leaning into the touch, wishing he had the guts to cuddle up against Ming's side.

Ming smiled at Yo, wondering what was up with the little guy to make him so clingy today... "You okay?"

Yo blinked up at Ming, unaware of how such a simple action caused Ming to have palpitations. "Yeah. Why?"

"No reason. Just making sure," Ming bumped his shoulder against Yo's, smirking at him.

Yo felt warm and pleased that Ming was paying such close attention to him. On the other side of Ming, Pha was happy for his baby. Yo had been pining after Ming for so long...and it felt like they finally were close to having him.