Chapter 12

Nate POV
"Come on, I'm gonna take you home." I say as I close my locker door.

Maddie simply shook her head yes as I grabbed her hand and walked out the school.

We made our way to the car when I heard Gabrielle yell my name; which I loved to hear.

"What does that bitch want?" Maddie asked obviously irritated.

"I have no idea." I replied back which was partially true because I had no idea what she could want.

"Nate can I talk to you in private?" Gabrielle asked giving a quick glance to Maddie and then back to me.

"Why? What do you want?" I asked through gritted teeth.

I was not pleased that Gabrielle would come up to Maddie and I right after I told her that we were going to act like last night never happened even though last night was the safest I ever felt with someone.

"Because we need to talk about something." She said pressing her lips into a thin line and rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Nate what the fuck is she talking about?" Maddie asked before letting go of my hand.

"Baby I have no idea." I say truthfully.

I then turned to Gabrielle and I saw her plaster a smirk across her lips before turning to Maddie.

"Nate you know what I'm talking about. I spent the night at your house last night and I need you to drive me to you place to pick up my car." She said in seductive tone while eyeing Maddie down.

"What the fuck Nate! You fucked her didn't you ?" Maddie asked before pushing me which did absolutely nothing.

I began to grow even more irritated by the minute from these two arguing.

"Nothing fucking happened Maddie!" I yelled at her.

"Hmm sureee!" She exaggerated.

"Nate can you-"

"Gabrielle shut the fuck up! I'm trying to have a conversation with my girlfriend here." I yelled at her while rolling my eyes.

"Maddie, I would never do something with her. I want you and that's it. She means fucking nothing to me and she never did. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, last night it was a mistake, I was just feeling sad and needed someone to talk to. I only have eyes and feelings for you, I promise." I said sweetly looking into her deep brown eyes.

From my peripheral vision I could see sadness and heartache wash over Gabrielle's face and I would be lying if I said my heart didn't crack seeing her so heartbroken.

I know I just fucked up big time.

"Aww baby I love you." Maddie said before kissing my lips passionately to mark her territory.

"I fucking hate you Nate, I'll never fucking forgive you for this." Gabrielle said her voice cracking on the word hate.

I pulled away from Maddie to see Gabrielle storming away and walking off.

I didn't mean to hurt her but I had to save my own ass, it had to be done.

"Come on baby, let me take you home. I'll make it up to you." I say to Maddie.

"Okay baby." She chirped.

************************
Gabrielle POV
I walked angrily for twenty minutes until I finally reached his house.

I fucking hate Nate Jacobs so much, but most importantly I hate myself for believing the lies he told me. I knew it was too good to be true; I knew he didn't have feelings for me. I bet he was just trying to get in my pants.