Chapter 9

Gabrielle POV

After what happened between Nate and I a few days ago, I've been extremely persistent on staying clear of all things Nate related; meaning: no parties, football games, and etc... I felt highly embarrassed that I was on the verge of giving my virginity away to that asshole. I mean what the hell was I thinking, Nate Jacobs is an egotistical pompous asshole who deserves to rot in hell for all of eternity.

"Gabrielle!" I heard someone scream knocking me out of my trance.

Kat was sitting right beside me with a paper outstretched towards me.

"Oh my bad." I said shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts of Nate and I.

I grabbed the algebra worksheet from her and sat it in front of me.

"Are you okay? you seem kinda out of it recently?" Kat whispered to me.

I gave her a reassuring smile before saying, "yeah i'm fine. I've just been really tired lately."

She looked skeptically at me before shrugging her shoulders.

I sighed in relief because I really didn't want someone hounding me about my feelings especially since I did't even know how I felt.

******************************************************************

The school day went by in a blur. I could hardly remember what I had eaten for lunch. 

Over the past couple of days i decided to do anything to get my mind off of Nate but i failed miserably when i made the stupid decision of joining the cheer team. Now i'll have to see that asshole everyday during practice.

I went to the locker room to change into my cheer outfit.

I walked in and saw Maddy and Cassie talking about god knows what and honestly I could care less.

"I honestly don't even know how that bitch made it on the team." Maddy whispered to Cassie obviously not caring if I heard or not. 

I continued to mind my business and put on my cheer outfit as Maddy continuously talked shit about me.

I slammed my locker door shut to grab their attention. "If you have something you want to say about me you could have at least been woman enough to say it to my face instead of being a little punk bitch about." I said eyeing her down. 

All she did was scoff and roll her eyes.

We all then went out onto the field where the boys also were. The football team was practicing their plays as we were practicing our cheers.

I had to admit cheer wasn't so bad, it was actually pretty fun except for the fact that Maddy was giving me the evil eye all throughout practice.

After two hours of practice I was all tuckered out. 

I saw Nate walk over to Maddy and kiss her, keeping eye contact with me the whole time. I simply rolled my eyes and went to the locker room.

I walked into the locker room and grabbed my things from my locker. I then headed out to the school parking lot where Nate was loading his gym bag into his truck.

"Shit" I whispered under my breath.

I walked over to my car and unlocked it before throwing my gym bag in the backseat.

"You know you looked good out there." Nate said smugly.

I turned around and found him smirking at me. "Fuck off Nate." I scoffed before getting into my car and driving home.

*****************************************************

"This is beyond dumb," I sighed in frustration as I looked at the complicated algebra problems on my homework sheet.

'Ding'
'Ding'

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and saw I got two texts from an unknown numer.

(203)-987-****:
Hey
It's Nate btw

Nate how did u get my number?

(203)-987-****:
That doesn't matter. why are you being such a bitch to me all of a sudden?

Ughhhhhh you're so stupid!!!! Leave me alone and go be with your slutty girlfriend

(203)-987-****:
Oh you're jealous i get it now. You're hot when you're jealous btw.

"He's utterly hopeless." I thought to myself.