Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)

Start from the beginning

Aqua: that's why Dante doesn't want him to fight Vergil. No kid should have to kill their parent.

Arcturus's Thoughts: although, it would depend on the parent themselves. I would never kill my mom, but I won't deny that there are bad parents out there.

Donald: what do we do now?

Goofy: we should regroup with the others. Right, Nero?

Nero:...

Roxas: Nero?

The man still doesn't respond as he looks to the spot his father was at. His expression looked confused and the others began worrying about him.

Nero: my father...?

*VERGIL*

At the top of Qliphoth tree, Vergil is looking down on the Human World as the Qliphoth tree continues to grow, yet appears to be falling and blooming

Vergil: that day, if our positions switched... Would our fates be different? Would I have your life, and you mine?

Vergil sits down on a throne made by the Qliphoth, awaiting for the upcoming fight against Dante

Vergil: let's settle this... Dante.

A man then approaches him, and sets Vergil on a course to shape Arc's future.

*DMC CREW*

The wielders make it back to the girls at the van. They feel the whole tree shaking again, and soon see the others.

Trish:  Dante! What happened?

Dante: my dumbass brother's back, and I'm gonna rip him a new one.

Trish: Vergil's—? How!?

Nico: Dante! (Tosses Kalina Ann II) made it for Lady and she paid for it, so consider it a rental.

Lady: hey, you can't just—!

Dante: okay, okay, we'll take care of that later. Right now, you three get the hell out of here. I'm gonna go take care of old douchebag.

Riku: Arc, go with him. The rest of us will head back and deal with the Heartless, Nobodies, and Soulless.

Dante: I don't need—

Arcturus: you call me sidekick, and I'll shove that bazooka up your ass.

Ruby: be careful, Arc.

Arcturus: thanks, Rubes. I got a feeling I might need it.

Dante: got a feeling this one's gonna be a doozy.

With that said, the two hurry back and they made it to an area where they see V's three familiars, Griffon, Shadow, and Nightmare, stand before them.

Arcturus: looks like we got the three stooges.

Dante: hey guys, where ya been? I thought you went back into Vergil. You're gonna wish you did.

Griffon: oh the wise guy Dante. We were spawned from Vergil's abominable thoughts... but you knew that already.

Dante: come to think of it, I did know somethin' was off. Just like with my old brother.

Griffon: well, we're merely the discarded thoughts when he was Nelo Angelo. No longer bound in his consciousness. We're here now to kill with our own free will. Liberating!

Griffon tries to attack with a barrage of lighting strikes, while Dante easily doges with his Devil Sword and Arc just absorbs the energy.

Griffon: and kill you we shall, Dante. Us, not Vergil. And for a bonus, you'll die as well, Farron.