Chapter 4: OLD FACES

The scene first shows a forest like area. This wasn't an ordinary world, but as Arcturus would call it, a pocket dimension where time doesn't exist. Here, Kairi and Lea were training with their new Keyblades so they can help in the battle to come. Right now, Kairi was siting by a cliff side and writing a letter to Sora.

Kairi's Letter: I'm sorry I left without saying good-bye. Did Master Yen Sid tell you? I'm training to become a Keyblade wielder like you. That's right. No more waiting for you to come back from your adventures. I want to get out there and do my part to help. Merlin has used his magic to bring us to a place where time doesn't matter. We can take as long as we need to complete our training. He's an amazing wizard. Oh, and by "us," I mean me and Lea. He's really sorry for all the trouble he caused. I told him it's fine, but he won't stop apologizing. I'll admit I was a little scared of him at first, but I've gotten to know him better. All he ever wanted was to help his friend. Honestly, it's hard not to like him. Every now and then, I catch him staring at me. When I ask what's wrong, he says, "I'm not sure. I think I'm forgetting something. Don't know what." Sora, I think it may have something to do with you. Your journey is all about helping people: some that you've never met before, and some like Lea that you have. They're all counting on you. It won't be easy, but I hope you'll remain the happy and cheerful Sora I know. There's no heart your smile can't reach.

She finishes writing and hears footsteps. Turning to her right, she sees Lea. Like she mentioned before, he was staring at her for some reason.

Kairi: what's wrong?

Lea: (blinks a few times) huh? Nothin', sorry.

Kairi: Lea.

Lea: what? I am.

Kairi simply giggles while Lean takes a seat on a rock across from her. He then notices the notepad and wonders what she's doing.

Lea: a letter?

Kairi: yup.

Lea: to Sora?

Kairi: mmm, technically yes. But I won't send it. It's more for me.

Lea: ask Merlin. He'll deliver it for you.

Kairi: yeah, but it's okay. I just like talking to Sora, even if it's on paper.

Lea: okay. (Thinks for a bit but then remembers) oh! (Pulls out two sea-salt ice cream bars) here.

Kairi: ice cream? Really?

Lea: yeah, I asked Merlin to pick these up. Ya know, we did both summon Keyblades. Gotta celebrate.

Kairi: (accepts one) you're sweet, Lea.

Lea: (chuckles) naw...

Kairi: (notices Lea staring again) what?

Lea: n-nothing, I just...

Kairi: you're trying to remember what you forgot?

Lea: well, I, uh... yeah... yeah. Let's talk about something else.

Kairi: sure. I heard that there's a new wielder with us.

Lea: yeah. From the way Yen Sid talked about him, he sounds really powerful. I just hope he doesn't get into any shenanigans with Sora. (Both laugh)

Kairi: I hope we get to meet him soon. (Beat) so tomorrow—you and me in the ring. You ready?

Lea: course.

Kairi: don't hold back, Lea. Promise?

Lea turns to face her, but something happens that he didn't expect. Instead of seeing Kairi, he was a girl with short black hair, blue eyes, and a black Organization coat. Even though he doesn't remember her, this was Xion.