✨Chapter Nine✨

Edited 4/21/20

When I woke this morning, I did not expect to have ice water being thrown on me by my brother's annoying arrogant best friend.

"What the hell is he doing in your bed?!" Kyle roared at me when I finally woke up enough to answer. I groaned when i saw the time.

"What the hell are you doing throwing water on me at," I started, "8 fucking AM on a Saturday?!" I finished answering his question with another question. I pulled myself over Kasen and off the bed for two reasons: One, I was soaking wet and freezing, and two, I was getting ready to slap Kyle if I needed to.

"All I know is that the scum bag has beaten me out of the prize money I've needed for the past three years, and then I find out my best friend's sister knows him! After I get the daylights beat out of me I come out of the dojo to see the ass punch you in the jaw hard enough apparently to bruise." He said, running his thumb over the bruise where Kasen punched me last night, his eyes softening when he sees the spot on my face.

"So then when I come to stay with Erik because I cannot stay in that goddamn house alone I pass out on the couch in exhaustion. So when I woke Erik wanted me to wake you up by water since you blew an air horn in his face, and what do I see? That piece of shit laying in your bed, next to you!" Kyle said as his voice was getting louder and louder. I finally grew tired of the insults he threw Kasen's way. I growled lowly and took one step towards him, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

"Listen here, Kyle, and listen good, Kasen is his name. He is not a scumbag, piece of shit or anything close to it. If I ever catch you saying that about him again, I swear to you, I will make sure your balls are so sore that you will never be able to get laid again." I said to my voice laced in venom. Kyle's face had paled and he gulped so loud I could have heard it in the room next door. He nodded and walked out, closing my door behind him. I stayed there just staring at the door as Kyle's words replayed in my head.

The prize money I've needed for the past three years...

What could he have needed it for?

"Remind me not to piss you off." Kasen muttered startling me in the process.

"What?" I asked turning towards him, wide eyed since I had no idea he was awake. The last time I threw water on him, he slept right through it..

"That threat you said to Kyle sticking up for me has brought it to my attention that if I piss you off, let me see if I get this right, you will make sure my balls are so sore that I will never be able to get laid again." He said chuckling to himself.

"Y-Y-You heard that?" I stuttered.

"Yeah" he said sitting up. I walked over to the bed and he slid one arm around my waist, pulled me on top of him, disregarding the fact that we both are soaking wet. He moved a stray piece of hair out of my eyes. "You are just so beautiful." He whispered, holding me to him with his arms around my waist. Suddenly I was hit with a wave of deja vu.

It was the weekend before Kait's and mine sophomore year. Like always, well since the weekend before the beginning of eighth grade, we spent the night just being crazy and letting loose (letting loose may or may not entail at least one bottle of vodka from Kaitlin's parent's "secret" stash of alcohol). We usually just watched a movie, ate popcorn, and got drunk, but tonight was different for some reason. Kaitlyn decided she wanted to play truth or dare. I had mistakenly picked dare. It wasn't until I heard her dare that I realized how drunk she really was.

"I dare you to spend-," she didn't get to finish that dare because she spewed her guts all over her bed and floor, and then she passed out. She effectively sprayed to where I couldn't sleep in here, or in my clothes. I tiptoed out of Kaitlin's room and into Kameron's room. He's not home. Kait said that he's staying with a friend for the night so I had no problem sleeping in his bed. Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue if he was here.