✨Chapter Seventeen✨

Edited 4/30/20

I groaned in my sleep at the sound of yelling. By the time I had made it home yesterday, Kyle didn't want to talk about it with me, and I was too tired to argue. We watched movies for the rest of the day, refusing to speak of lunch.

"Sara! How could you not tell me?!" I heard Kyle yell at Sara. I turned over and opened my eyes.

"Tell you what?! That for the first time since I went into that coma I'm actually happy?!" Sara yelled back equally upset. Kyle stepped back looking shocked. "Tell you that when I'm with Camden, I don't feel smothered for the first time since I woke up?!" She yelled, taking a step towards her brother. "That I feel like someone doesn't treat me like I'm going to break at the smallest of touches!"

"Sara... I didn't mean it-,"   

"Oh no, of course you didn't! You're Kyle fucking Mason! You never do anything wrong! You never screw anything up!" She screamed, cutting him off.

"Never do anything wrong?! Never screw anything up?! Do you not remember the real reason why you went into that coma?! I'm the one who brought the bitch home! I'm the one who thought you were okay with her! I'm the one who notices everything five minutes too late!" He yelled back at her and all I could do is pretend not to be intrigued by the comment 'I'm the one who brought the bitch home!'

"You know what, I do remember, but I also remember you getting all the attention. I remember you getting everything. What did I get? I got the responsibility of being 'Kyle's perfect little sister.' I was expected to be just like you. Perfect to the eye of everyone around us. I took one step out of line and I screwed everything up. Imagine having that kind of responsibility over your head, Kyle. Can you imagine it?" she explained and when Kyle shook his head 'no' she huffed. "Exactly. I'm out of here!" She said storming out. Kyle started to run after her but I had to stop him.

"Kyle, stop. Let her go." I said getting up. He turned around and instantly looked guilty. He walked over to me and pulled me to him. I wrapped my arms around him and he buried his face in my neck. We stayed like this for I don't know how long.

"I don't mean to smother her." He whispered. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"I know you don't. That's just how you come across. You're protective of what you love." I told him.

"Like you? Are you saying I'm over protective of you?" He asked me and pulled away completely from me.

"No, no. You just worry. There's nothing wrong with that." I assured him. He nodded slowly and then smiled like a ten year old on a sugar high.

"What?" I asked him and before I had time to think I was pinned down to the bed and Kyle was hovered over me.

"Kyle, what are-," I started to ask but he cut me off by tickling my side. "Kyle!" I shrieked. He then moved from tickling my sides to my stomach. I cackled and shrieked which only made Kyle smile more and keep tickling me. It wasn't until he reached my neck that I flinched and he stopped.

"Oh shit. Devyn, are you okay?" he asked, his eyes instantly filling with regret and worry. He moved away from me and ran his fingers through his hair. He slowly stood up and went to walk away when I stopped him.

"Where're you going?"

"I need to clear my head. It seems every time I touch you, you flinch." He said with his back facing me.

"You know I don't mean to. If I could stop I would." I whisper. He glanced back once and then looked at the door once more.

"I know. I just hate that he was the reason and I couldn't be there to stop him." he said gritting his teeth and walking out slamming his door behind him. I sighed and grabbed my phone.