✨Chapter Thirteen ✨

Edited 4/22/20

Dev's POV

It has been days since I last talked to Kyle, Erik, Christina, or Jenny. As much as I want to go home, I can't. I might not have physically been there and pushed Kasen in front of that car but I was the reason he wasn't paying attention. I caused his death.

"Hello?? Anyone there?" Katelin asked, waving a hand in front of my face. As soon as she found out I was in town, she came over. She hasn't left. I explained to her where her brother has been and she immediately told her parents. It's not like they can do much, however, since he is 18 now and can do what he wants. The problem is his harassment of me.

"Huh? What?" I asked when I pulled myself out of my thoughts.

"You're phone's ringing." She stated.

"Who is it..?" I asked already knowing who it was.

"Kyle." She said. Katelyn knew all about Kyle. Between our daily phone calls and everything we talked about as soon as I got here, she knew everything that was going on. She handed me the phone, urging me to answer.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Look outside." Kyle said and then he hung up before I could say anything. So that's how that feels. I looked outside and nearly had a heart attack. Kyle was standing up against a white truck.

He's here!

"Is that Kyle?" I heard Katelin ask from beside me.

"Yeah." I said. I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face. He actually came.

"Well what are you still doing in here for?!" She practically yelled at me. She then progressed to push me out of the room and towards the front door.

"Okay. Okay. I get it. I'm going. I'm going." I said walking towards the door.

"Good luck!" She called after me. I stepped out on to the porch and started to make my way to Kyle. He pushed himself off the truck and made his way towards me. I stopped in front of him while keeping a good distance between us.

"Princess, come here." He said but it came out horse and weak. I shook my head no.

"You shouldn't have come Kyle." I said looking down at my feet. As much as I loved him and had wished he'd come after me, it wasn't right. I wasn't worth it.

"Please Devyn. We need to talk."

I sighed and said, "Fine, let's walk." I started to walk away and I heard Kyle catch up with me.

"I talked to Gabriella." He said.

"W-Why?" I asked.

"I needed to know why you ran. And what she said to you, was nowhere near true. You are not a killer. You did not kill Kasen. You didn't kill your mother.. None of it is your fault."

"Kyle, put yourself in my shoes. I was the reason Kasen was mad. I caused his anger to spark. If it wasn't for me, he'd still be here. He'd still be alive and well.'

"And my mom? That was my fault too. I never told anyone but she and I were on the phone the day it happened. She was on speaker phone so I could talk to her. I was talking to her and then I heard a loud yell and then the line went dead." I explained.

I waited for Kyle to say something, anything, but he never did. We had walked all the way to the park I would take the foster kids to. I sat down on the swings still waiting for him to say something. He sat beside me on the other swing. It was at least a good five minutes before he said something.