Dylan

It was the soft screams that woke me. A second of confusion hit me as I tried processing where I was through my drowsy eyes. Recollection of agreeing to sleep over at Emma's after school finally came to me as I felt her shifting out from from under my arm that was draped around her petite frame. The bed shifted along with her as she got up and I heard her feet quickly shuffle out the room. I wanted to follow her to see what was going on but I was still only half awake and my body felt heavy. It wasn't until I heard Emma's faint voice followed by the sound of crying, that I assumed to belong to Skylar, that I finally found the will to get up. I quietly made my way to Skylar's room and peeked through the crack in the door to see Emma holding Skylar in her arms, her head resting on Skylar's own as she cried into the base of her neck.

 "I know. I know. Let it out. I'm here."

 "Em, It was awful. She was here. I couldn't run fast enough, She caught me." Skylar's voice came out scared and vulnerable, cracking even time she time to continuing talking. Her shoulders shook as she sniffled obviously trying to control her tears.

  "Shhh, it's okay. She's not here. She can't hurt you now. It's okay." Emma kept repeating as she gently rocked them both while running her hands through Skylar's curls. I suddenly felt like an intruder watching this sentimental moment between them but I just couldn't pull my attention away from Skylar's still shaking body curled up into Emma. I wished it was me comforting her. I wished it was me holding her, running my fingers through her curls. I

   I could feel the anger start to build up in me. I finally tore my gaze away from the sight, my fist tightening as I reluctantly carried myself back to Emma's room. Thoughts of who "she" was that was haunting my Skylar filled me mind. I was determined to find out. I couldn't stand the thought of someone making her cry, much less hurt her. She had to be the girl from that night. I'm sure of it. The soft innocence and vulnerability in her voice assured me of it. I would never forget that voice.

  I went straight to Emma's bathroom once I made back into the room. The anger was raging inside me. My legs paced around the mid sized bathroom as it was taking everything in me not to break something as I would've in my own house. I gripped the edges of the marble counter and looked myself in the mirror. I could feel the angry excitement pulsing through me. My eyes were dark, a reflection of the blood lust that arrives when a client contacts me. This is what I do for a living and right now I know what I need to do for Skylar. 

  I splashed water on my face before exiting the bathroom just as Emma tip toed back into the room. She jumped clenching her heart and let out a soft 'oh my fucking gosh" before letting out a small laugh.

  "You scared the shit out me. What are you doing up?" She asked as she made her way back to bed.

  "I heard a yell and I felt you move. Everything okay?" I wrapped my arms around her as we got comfortable again. She buried herself into me before letting out a sigh and tilting her head up at me.

  "Yea, Sky just had a nightmare." She answered. I knew she knew more about what's going on with Skylar, but I decided not to pry.

  I'm going to protect her if she's in danger and make who ever hurt her pay.

______________________________

 Hey guys! So I split Dylan's POV from the last chapter  for those re reading and added a bit to it, but hope all of you guys are enjoying everything so far! 

 What do you guys think Dylan's job is?

Leave a comment and vote if you enjoyed. Thank you guys, I appreciate you all! Love y'all!