Chapter 4

[Edited][Edited Again 12/14/19]

*Skylar's POV*

2 long hours spent at Dylan's apartment and not a single minute went by without me envisioning a steak knife being impaled through my head. Emma and his constant flirting only pushed that steak knife deeper and deeper in my head. I couldn't see what Emma found so amusing about his corny jokes and mediocre played out pick up lines. After our interaction in the kitchen, Dylan refused to make anymore eye contact with me for the duration of our visit. I caught him steal glances my way here and there, but the minute I would catch him and make eye contact he would whip his head around as he was looking at Medusa.

It was 1:45pm by the time we left and it's been an hour since then that Emma hasn't shut up about him. I love Emma to death and love hearing her get excited about things, but I just can't stand her talk about he-who-should-not-be-name and praising him like he's the last man on Earth. At this point, to say it's getting on my nerves would be an understatement.

  "So what you think," Emma exclaimed as she plopped down on the couch.

  I knew exactly who and what she was talking about but I played dumb because I know I don't have anything nice to say and Emma is the only person that I actually care about and take into consideration the way I talk and address. I didn't want to hurt her feelings or have her be mad at me. "What do I think about what?"

  She rolled her eyes at me aware that I was just trying to avoid the question and walked over to the wall divider where I was currently sitting at."You know. What do you think about Dylan." She told me while gently nudging my shoulder.

  "Oh him. Well, uhmm....well....I don't really like him" I admitted. Her mouth dropped slightly and her whole facial expression changed from excited to disappointed the minute the words registered in her head. Her lips pout ever so slightly as her shoulders slumped. I knew she wanted my approval on him, but we both know biting my tongue for the sake of someone's feelings is not in my nature.

  I instantly felt bad and tried to think of a way to cheer her up again without getting her hopes up about my opinion on him changing. "Listen him and I just didn't hit it off, that doesn't mean you shouldn't hang out with him or anything."

  "I know." She sighed, "I just wished my best friend and my maybe-possibly future boyfriend would've gotten along with each other."

  Sky don't say it. Don't say whats on your mind right now.

  "Em you barely know the guy. He could be a total dick. He already seems like one with those corny jokes and pick up lines he probably used with who knows how many other girls, but listen, if it's that important to you that we get along, maybe we can all hang out again and get to know each other better," As soon as those words left my mouth I instantly regretted it and mentally face-palm myself. Of course you say it anyways. I always had a habit of succumbing to Emma when I see her disappointed or upset and it never fails to land me in an unwanted situation. I really don't want to hang out him again. Let alone even lay eyes on him again. Of all things to tell Em I would do for her, I had to tell her that.

  Her eyes lit up like Christmas lights and any past disappointment stripped from her presence. She started smiling like a little kid, straight snow white teeth on full display with the corners of her lips pulled up ear to ear. That smile is the reason I could never hurt Emma no matter what."You would really do that for me " Emma said full of hope. I reluctantly nodded my head and flashed her a tight force smile. She squealed and hugged me tightly. "This is why your my best friend. I love you so much," Emma sang out and skipped to her room.

  My palm met my forehead with a hard slap while I cursed myself in my head for my stupid suggestion. I knew would never get along with that jerk. Ever.