☆ミChapter Nine - Part Three ☆ミ

Previously...

There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people going about their lives. But when the world ends all those people die, including our family." I state, looking over at Luther as he takes a moment to process everything. Ashley sighs "Time changes everything," I say. "Time changes everyone" She adds, staring at the mirror, a despondent look on her face as she squeezes my hand.

Ashleys PoV

I stared down at Five and I's hands, wondering if we would actually be able to stop the apocalypse. I know we can, heck Five is smart enough to do it without my help but what if we can't? Intelligence isn't the only factor in being a hero, I use that word loosely, we need to think about what we are going to do about the time, or should I say lack of it. Whilst I was stuck staring into space Five got up and started walking towards the door.

"Where are you going now?" Luther asks, following Five's every movement, seemingly suspicious. "Back to the Academy, sitting about here isn't going to solve anything." Five snaps reaching for the busted up door. "Really? Just like that? You tell me the entire world ends and youre a hired assassin just to get up and go?" Luther asks, jumping out the chair sending it falling to the ground with a loud crash. "That's the plan" Five shouts from down the corridor. Luther turns to me, "So what are you going with him?" He scoffs. My gaze moves from the interesting patch on the ground to his eyes and I almost felt sorry for him... almost. "Someone's gotta save the world" I groan getting up and stretching, before sluggishly making my way out the room and catching up to Five. Leaving moon boy alone to contemplate his impending death. I wonder what's going through his mind... probably nothing, his mind is as bleak as that moon he's obsessed with. "I need an aspirin" I say, clinging onto Fives arm like if I were to let go I would go tumbling down to hell. "I need that arm back" he smirks.

Back at the Academy...

Fives PoV

I was furiously writing on the walls trying to figure out what's most likely to cause the end of the world, or should I say who's most likely to, when I noticed that Ashley had been very quiet. This was unusual for her so I glanced over to see her staring in the mirror and at her hands every now and then. I look between my maths and her with a sigh, 'this can wait' I think to myself 'Somethings wrong'. I put down my chalk and take a seat on my bed.

"Ashley," I say, she flinches and her head darts round to meet my gaze. She smiles "What's up? Found something?" She asks, pretending she's fine. "What's wrong?" I ask and her smile falls. "Nothi-"

"I can tell when something is on your mind Ash, please just tell me," I say, cutting her off mid-sentence, she never liked when people did that, considered it rude. She sighs rubbing her face and taking a sip from her glass of water. " Earlier when I punched Luther, my hands went all static... It was when I was mad, then I blacked out and woke up like this" She says gesturing to her eyes and hair. "I thought I knew everything about me, but clearly that's not the case... Do I even know who I am? What I can do?" She starts panicking, her eyes becoming restless and darting around the room before resting on me. I reach out to her face, brushing hair away from it, shushing her "You're Ashley Spectre, The Ghost, who cares if you've got untapped powers, hell the old man hid everything from us, would it be that hard to believe he hid this too?" She just sighs taking my hand from her face and looking back at the mirror, I check my watch, 'We have time for this, I'll make time for this'

I get up and grab a book off my desk and hand it to Ash. She just stares at it confused and I take a seat across from her on the floor. "If you do have a new power, then let's see what it is, shall we? You mentioned it happened before because you were angry?" I say, talking with my hands. "Well yeah but I don't see how the book 'Fantastic Mr Fox' is going to help." She says with a slight chuckle "Great book by the way Five. A classic" She laughs and I can't help but smile. "Don't focus on the book, focus on how you felt in that room with the family and why you were angry. Then punch the book." I chuckle, my tone becoming more serious near the end. Ashley cocks her brow "You want me to punch this book?" She says as if my idea sounded ridiculous "Well yeah, come on let's see what you can do. Hurry up" I say and she winces "What?" I ask "Did I say something wrong?" She looks at me, then the book. "You sound like Reginald," She says bursting into laughter. I smirk with a slight blush "Huh, guess I did sorta sound like the old man. Sorry about that" She just waves it off. "Alright Ashley, focus foooccuuss think of that godamn ape boy and how he's treated you. Hell, how everyone's treated you, time to put all that pent up rage to work!" Ashley says, slapping her face a few times to try and wake her up. As much as I wanted to laugh my curiosity got the better of me, I wanted to know what this 'rage' could do.

Her hands started to glow white and it was like electricity was coming out of them, I just stared wide-eyed, what if this was a bad idea, I didn't think this through, she could blow up the whole street! I started worrying "Umm Ash! It's working maybe tone down the anger?" I exclaim as the white got brighter and brighter "Too late for that buddy!" She shouts her eyes closed tight. She goes to punch the book with a yell and suddenly it's gone? The book went a bright white for a second before disappearing completely... "Umm did I? Did I punch the book into oblivion?" She asks, still shaking slightly and turning towards me. "I... I think you did? Is it invisible or just gone?" I ask tapping the floor to see if I could still feel the book, maybe it had just gone invisible to the eye? After a quick search we realised that no, it was gone. "It's gone," I say leaning back against the bed. "Five I nearly did that to Luther... He could have been yeeted into another dimension!" She shouts grabbing the sides of her head "Jesus Christ". "Hey it's ok, you didn't so don't worry. Although that might've been helpful" I murmur and the next thing I know there's a pillow in my face "FIVE THAT'S A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY!" She shouts, grabbing another pillow to throw at me, "I didn't mean it!" I say throwing it back at her and hitting her square in the face "Oh its on Hargreeves. It. Is. On" She wacked me with another pillow and started a war.

For a moment the thought of doomsday had left my mind, I felt like a kid again. Just Ash and I having an old fashioned pillow fight, it felt nice, not having the weight of the world on your shoulders... But we were quickly pulled back into reality when Ash accidentally made one of the pillows disappear. "Ooops." was all she said as she ducked behind the bed for cover. "You really ought to learn how to control that!" I say, throwing my weapon to the side and jumping onto the bed, extending my hand down to help her up. "I don't want to disappear forever due to an accident" I laugh, pulling her up to stand beside me on the bed. "That won't happen I promise" She chuckles, giving me a hug. "We'll work on it, don't worry" I whisper as I wrap my hands around her waist and stare out at the doorway. "I know we will, thank you Five, I don't know where you'd be without me" She says, I frown "Don't you mean where you'd be without me?" I ask, pulling back from the hug to stare at her face. "No. You made a mistake and put a 0.5 where it should be a 5." She says spinning me round to face the probability map. "Oh right... I hate you" I say shaking my head and fixing the mistake. I feel her hands snake around me as she kisses my cheek from behind me. "You love me really"

A/N
Hii guys!
I have returned! Once again im sorry for the sudden break but my persnonal life just got a little chaotic but its sorta calmed down now. I forgot how much I enjoyed writing things aha!
So in regards to updates I will now solely only be working on one story at a time, so this one is my top priority. The updates will be fairly irregular, maybe one or two a month, possibly more at a push, (I've just started back school and its my last year so theres a lotta pressure there lmao) but ill try keep you guys entertained. Thanks for all the support and love you've given this story and the comments really do brighten my day, i'll be replying to a lot more of them so keep them coming! I hope this chapter was ok, not my best work but I've big plans for the next one! involving more of Ashleys backstory and maybe some conflict! Dun dun duun! Stay tuned!
Byeee love you all
- Pixel xx