☆ミChapter Nine - Part One ☆ミ

~~~Flashback~~~

3rd Person Perspective

The room was dark, a lone bulb sat on the desk providing the girl with a haze of light. She sat alone hunched over the desk fiddling with a small silver locket. Occasionally she'd make a small groan signalling failure, other times she would make a small 'oh?' The bulb showed some of the dull apartments surroundings, the walls plastered with blue prints and equations, the floor a minefield of discarded nuts, bolts and anything mechanical you could think of. The girls appearance was tired, her chesnut brown hair tied in a messy pony tail and her hazel eyes looked restless. If someone were to look in on the girl they'd perhaps feel sympathetic towards her, however she would never accept the empathetic gazes she got off people, including her family... "Never show weakness" she lived by the motto. Her name, Ashley Spectre, never Ashley Hargreeves, she had removed herself from the toxic household to focus on finding Five.

"Holy shit..." she gasped, staring at the contraption in her hands in awe. "I did it?" she questioned, slowly standing up from the dimly lit desk, "I did it!" she said much louder this time and with a smile. The next thing you saw was a very bright white light and just like that, the girl had disappeared.

Berlin, Germany
September 1st, 1940

A year since the second world war had started and Hitler had no intention of stoping anytime soon. In Berlin it was a quiet day, the streets empty besides the patroling officers, propaganda paved the streets and everywhere you looked the colours, red, black and white where evident. A typical wartime day, that was until a confused looking woman 'phased' into the scene... Of course it was none other than Miss Spectre, the only differance was she had appeared to have aged, now looking 21 rather than 16. Messed up the calculations you heard her babble as she waltzed down the street waving at the officeren trying not to appear "suspicious" and thanking herself for learning German. However the men didn't buy her innocent look and quickly yelled after her to stop. The girl sighed, pondering her next move.

Berlin, Germany
New Year's Eve, 1940/1
"21" year old wartime Ashley's PoV

Wiping down another one of the cafe's tables I smile, taking a step back and viewing my progress from the last 4 months. Since arriving in Nazi Germany, yes life was horrid and you missed modern day, but it distracted me from Five. I got papers, a lovely old woman took me in under her wing and gave me ownership of the cafe saying "I've become to old for this country my dear, it is time my little business went to a modern day gorgeous girl like youself!" a grin crosses my face as you remember the day, she handed you the keys wishing you luck and left you with a few tips and tricks. My face fell as I realised that was a month ago now and I haven't seen or heard from her. 'I hope she is ok' I was lost in thought when I hear the door ring, signaling a customer. Sighing I turn around

"Wir haben geschlossen, Entschuldigung, aber Sie mussen morgen zuruckkommen" telling whoever it was we were closed and apologising but he has to come back tomorrow. I come face to face with the man and realise he is an Officer. Damnit not another one... He had the classic look, tousled blonde hair and shining blue eyes, he looked young, maybe 22 or 23. He smiled at me, taking his hat off.

((Hey Pixel here, I'm trying something new with this conversation so bare with me it may turn out to be shit sorrrryyyyy :// ))

The conversation is spoken in german, but dont worry it's in english for y'all :)

Bold Text - Ashley                                  Italics - Kasper (the officer)

"Sorry miss, but it looks like you're stuck with me for a few moments, my superiors orders not my own." He chuckles smiling at me.

"I guess so sir, please take a seat. Would you care for a drink? Tea perhaps? We also have Fanta if you would prefer a cold drink?"

"It's fine Miss Spectre and please call me Kasper, It is only right considering I know your name." He chuckled again and taking a seat. He paused for a moment thinking about what he said before going slightly red. "I apologise if that sounds creepy, I don't stalk you I mean't as I'm an officer it's my job to-" he continues to get flustered, attempting to dig himself out this hole he has created and I smile, taking the seat across from him.

"No worries Kasper, I've never seen an expert marksman like yourself get so flustered" I smirk

"How did you know I was a marksman?"

"I saw the patch on your arm, you know, the Russians use woman as snipers and they are much more successful. Apparently we are much more patient and precise." I smile folding my arms and crossing my legs.

"Huh, really? That's interesting" he says looking at his arm then back at me. It's quiet for a moment as Kasper just stares at me before I cough

"So umm, why exactly are you here?"

"Oh yeah, I completly forgot sorry Miss" I notice his accent seems a little off, and he is not as polished as you would expect him to be. I nod for him to continue.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that I have personally been asigned to your case, I thought that an introduction would be in order no?" He rubs the back of his neck.

"Yes however, I dont understand what this 'case' is, what you mean you're here to watch me??" I question standing up and walking over to the door, casually locking it without his notice.

"I'll be honest, I'm not sure why you are on the watch list, but die Furher himself has asked me to keep an eye on you, I thought I would try and make it easier by being informal." He sighed turning back to look at me as I walked back over to join him. I laugh

"Really now? Well that's interesting." I take a seat on the table and look him in the eye.

"I'm going to take a risk here and guess that you are lying, am I correct?" I ask, secretly shitting myself, but coming across confident. He gulps slightly before trying to protest.

"If I drop my act, will you drop yours?" I say, maintaining eye contact with him and my confident facade. He stares at the floor. I drop my german act.

"You know, you 'ought to work on your accent dear, a 16 year old could do better" I smile jumping off the table and walking over to the cake stand. He stares at me shocked making me giggle.

"American or Brittish?" I ask, picking at my nails. The bells chime out, and the man gets up walking over to me.

"Happy New Year Miss Ashley" He gives a weak smile,  I smile back. American.

A/N

Sorry for the wait, I had exammmmsss but they are ovvveeerrr! However I got a horrible and time consuming year ahead of me :'( but dont fear! I'm determind to finish this buch so sit back, relax and yeah. Also dw there will only be one more flashback chapter I just thought I would put it in to make more sense and add some backstory, sorry if you weren't a fan :(( Anyhow remember to vote, comment and follow meeep :p Hope you have an awesome day guys adios

-Pixel xx