But in this world, that didn't happen and perhaps, that was the reason he became worse. There was no Lilac in his life so he stayed single and eventually, became a playboy. Everything changed just because of that one 'what if,' and the rest naturally followed. Just like how she didn't die here because in the first place, she didn't know him.

'Scandal,' he wrote next and absentmindedly stared at the written word.

He knew what he did will still haunt him. Even though the universe has been altered, he was still the same Kio who cheated, and who did all those intimate things with another woman while in a committed relationship. It seems like despite his reputation, parallel Ki-Ryeong was still much wiser than him.

He can't help but glance at his arm. Though it wasn't her who did the tattoos, the permanent marks still bring unwanted memories in his mind. What a waste, I'll just have to wear long-sleeved shirts from now on.

He shut the notebook close and wetted his lips, contemplating what to do next.

"Lilac," he muttered under his breath before picking up his phone and opening the Twitter app once again. He typed in the account which gives updates about Li's schedule and immediately found it. He began scrolling through its profile.

LILAC UPDATES @lilacofficialnews Lilac will be flying to Thailand tomorrow morning and will stay there for a few days. It is not work-related. She will be having a vacation with her family and relatives after such a hectic schedule the past months.

He put his phone down again and stood up. What can he do now? Should he just wait till she comes back? He paced around the room, and stopped as he caught sight of one of the bags he brought from Haneul's. Inside was one of his favorite cameras.

.°•⏳°.•

"Why are you even awake at this hour?," Asher's amused voice filled the car.

Kio's grip on the steering wheel tightened. It's been a while since this brother of his talked to him in a fair mood. He should start getting used to the fact that he didn't commit that mistake in this world, but he should also not take this redo of things for granted. It is only past five in the morning—too early—but he had to get going now or he might miss Lilac.

"Or you didn't sleep at all?," Ash added when he failed to answer for a long while.

"I did. I just had to do something today." Yes, he really did sleep... for an hour or two.

"Work out?"

He was about to agree and lie, when the sports car behind him suddenly revved and overtook his Benz.

"You're outside?," the guy on the other line instantly suspected. "Did Manager Chen know?"

He sighed, "I just have to buy something, it won't take long."

Asher went silent for a moment before he heard him scoff. "You're gonna meet up with one of your girls?"

"What? No! Of course not," Kio replied exasperatedly.

"Or are you actually coming home from a one-night stand?"

"Asher, fuck's sake, no," he pointedly uttered as he started getting annoyed. Damn, why do you have to be a playboy, parallel Ki-Ryeong?

The older guy chuckled, "fine, it's not. Chill out, you used to be okay with this type of jokes. What's with you?"

"I just got bored of it..." There, does that line sound like a playboy who just had a self reflection?