06: Star

Smiling at the old driver, she stepped out of the cab with paper bags in both hands. The man has been the company's most trusted mode of transportation when it comes to situations like this. 

They call him 'Uncle,' and he probably knew more things that could potentially turn into scandals than those notorious media outlets. But of course, the man is on their side and never spilled anything to the reporters.

"Be careful Miss, I'll be waiting here at exactly 11PM."

The thoughtful reminder brought a smile on her face. "Thank you Uncle, I owe you a lot."

"Everyone in the agency are family to me, no need to thank me," he chuckled and bid his farewell for the last time before driving away.

Lilac entered the building with familiarity, she felt nothing but calmness the whole ride up the elevator. She knew Kio had never gone back to his apartment, and only stayed at Haneul's since they returned from tour.

Maybe he felt uncomfortable? With all the memories they've shared in his unit, and some of her stuff still there, who wouldn't be? Well tonight, she's gonna do him a favor and remove all her traces in the apartment. He will never see anything related to her in that space again.

She instantly felt the itch in her nose the moment she entered. Specks of dust were flying everywhere and that weird smell of vacancy reeks in the air. She decided to leave her things by the door and start cleaning first.

I'll do this for him for the last time. This will be the last time, Lilac; she reminded herself.

Cleaning took more than an hour, leaving her only around forty-five minutes to prepare before the driver comes back. Though she wasn't worried, because unlike what she initially planned, she already cooked back in their dorm instead of doing so here in his unit. She also changed the cuisines with the help of her mom, and opted to those which take longer time to spoil.

She went in the living room, took out the well-arranged bentos and the box of homemade cake she also prepared, and lined them all on the center table. She then decorated the room with balloons and a 'Happy 3rd Anniversary' banner. Next was the galaxy lamp she bought. It creates a planetarium-like effect in the once-plain space. As long as it's dark enough and the lamp is the only one turned on, a real-looking galaxy will illuminate the space. Last but not the least, the musical hourglass. She put it beside the cake with a piece of tiger lily—his birth flower.

"Please love me," she absentmindedly mumbled the flower's meaning.

How appropriate.

She was pulled out of trance by her vibrating phone, and was met by an incoming call from Asher—RAVN's half-American member who have been friends with Jada and Seo-mi since their trainee days.

"Ash?," she frowned.

The guy also became close to her and Rei as time went by, and it's been a while since he called. Though it's understandable, because of everything that happened, he needs to be with Kio instead of her.

"You're in Kio's apartment?"

She was a bit shocked by the hint of anger in his tone. Asher was like a brother to her, more like a twin rather, they enjoy lots of similar hobbies together so it has always been so easy to bond with the guy. She was actually closer to him first than Ki-Ryeong.

"Li," he called out again when she failed to answer, sounding impatient. "You shouldn't have..." he sighed, "stay there. I'll come and get you."

"Huh? No need. I have a driver who's going to fetch me. He's probably downstairs already," she glanced at the wall clock across her and saw that it was already 11PM.