𝐂𝐈𝐈 ━━ Into the Unknown

Start from the beginning

            Elara questioned her own strength, her own power, even her own ability to See. She wondered why her visions were constantly failing her, showing nothing of usefulness or importance.

            Even her ever-burning fire seemed to flicker.

            She spent hours upon hours meditating, trying desperately to get into the place of the past Anya had mentioned to her months ago. Each time she'd fail, coming up short. Her confidence ran dry, and desperation began to swell.

            At least there was hope.

            Nymphie and Remus had gotten married. Their wedding was small but beautiful. Elara, Nymphie's maid of honor, cried through the entire ceremony. Her heart swelled with the thought of them being together, and was happy that they would be able to enjoy marriage, even if she couldn't.

             During the time Elara wasn't meditating, she was brewing countless potions. Poisons, Antidotes. . . . anything that would help in the quest to find the Horcruxes.

            And now with only a week until Bill and Fleur's wedding, she felt a strange sense of calm, because she was finally going to see him again.

            Her soul ached even after a week of being apart. Anya really wasn't kidding when she said their souls were bound by the cosmos. Neither Elara or Harry could ever fathom the depths of their love. They had been to hell and back for one another, and they would surely do it again.

            Elara's hair had not been down since her arrival home. Her jaw was constantly clenched, her shoulders tense as she kept constant watch at night, daring Death Eaters to try her one last time. None ever came.

            As Elara stood, staring at her bed — which was currently piled with clothing and materials — her gaze wandered over to her closet, where her Hogwarts uniform sat, hanging. She sighed. She knew she wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts anytime soon. 

            The last to be packed was the ornamental dagger Anya had gifted her during a training session.

            The weapon sat delicately in Elara's hands. It was an elegant dagger, carefully crafted metal vines dancing over the handle, surrounding a milky white gemstone. Even though Elara wished to never use it, she slipped it into a holster hidden by her combat boots.

            The pendant was tucked safely beneath her shirt, and the ring Harry had given her before all hell broke loose was sitting upon her finger.

            Wordlessly, Elara pointed her wand at her bag, and it shrunk to the size of a backpack. She slung it over her shoulders as she hurried down the stairs. Andromeda and Ted were sitting on the living room couch, discussing something in hushed whispers.

            They seemed to notice Elara's presence.

            They took in her ensemble. The scar Snape had so gratefully gifted Elara ran vertically over her left eye. Her black boots, favorite jeans (now ripped from all the times she had fallen in them), a black top, and a flannel that could only be Harry's. A black bandana sat fitted around her head, protecting any fly-away's from falling. Two long braids cascaded down her shoulders.

            Andromeda's eyes welled with tears.

            "You look so grown up," she whispered.