All Might And Nezu Get A Few Calls

Start from the beginning

Hatsume, in a display that was quite unlike her, looked up as soon as Izuku opened the door, a gleam in her eye as she discarded the item she had been enthusiastically working on until then. It seems she could tell when there was someone worth her time and attention as she immediately grabbed blueprint paper and pencils, sweeping everything else off her work desk as the boy approached.

The few students still in the lab (who had intended to work through lunch), looked up from their own projects at the sudden change in atmosphere, taking one look at the two and promptly deciding to go to lunch, and stay there until the coast was clear of manic inventors (they didn't return for the rest of the day). Power Loader was half asleep at his desk and Nezu felt some small ounce of pity for the man, but only because he'd seen him in the teachers lounge three hours ago staring at the wall with a thousand yard look absolutely covered in black soot, neon blue slime, and bright orange sparkles, his clothes and metal costume bits absolutely shredded, but he hadn't had a drop of blood nor bruise mark on him so Nezu had ignored it.

He was currently wishing he had microphones with his cameras, but he was already pushing the privacy laws just putting cameras in the classrooms, so he had to settle with lip reading, which was pretty hard when Izuku almost constantly had his hand over his mouth. Mei thankfully had no such habit and he could tell that their first blueprint was a device that would mimic Uraraka's quirk in that anything within a certain perimeter would become weightless. In theory the perimeter could be anywhere between a circle the size of a car, to a quadrilateral the size of a building.

Izuku had commented that it would help cut construction costs and aid rescuers in case of a building collapse or something similar. They spent half an hour sketching it out, deciding on the parts to use, and anticipating problems. When they were done with that blueprint, Izuku handed it off to Hatsume and got to work on another blueprint. Nezu couldn't tell what it was for right off the bat, as Hatsume had decided to leave the chat and focus solely on building what they had just planned out.

It exploded. Neither seemed dismayed though the whole room was now absolutely shredded from what Nezu assumed was the wind? There were no pieces of metal anywhere that would indicate that the cuts had come from them, it was confusing, but it woke Power Loader up. The man watched in horror as the girl tossed the broken machine aside and started over again, Izuku didn't even seem to notice that something had exploded less than three feet from him as he was immaculate, completely untouched by anything.

They were mumbling back and forth, but Nezu only caught bits and pieces as their heads were down, focusing on their projects, and the camera couldn't see their mouths from that angle that well. What he did get, he was able to connect the dots enough to understand that it would be essentially a 3-D printer, but for anything, any type of metal, fabric, alloy, any material. Yes, they already had machines that could do such things (mostly), but this one would be able to do it all, not just one specialty like they had now, but everything.

Izuku set it off to the side when he was finished and started on another one as Hatsume kept building and tweaking their first project until she also finished it, setting it off to the side and starting on the next blueprint (by which point, Izuku had already finished five).

When Izuku seemed to run out of ideas (and paper), he looked over the 'finished' projects, making sure it was right, and fixing where it wasn't. By that time, the lab was absolutely covered in multiple questionable substances that came from whatever Hatsume was working on malfunctioning or exploding. Power Loader had already given up and left and they had and audience they hadn't noticed yet in the doorway.

Parts of classes 1-A, 1-B, and 1-F were there, staring, even a few teachers were watching, the two inventors didn't even seem to notice, stuck in their heads, cranking out technology many can only dream of.