Quirk Troubles 1.5

It was a normal Tuesday afternoon for 1-A, relaxing in the commons, making food, and completing their assigned work. It was one of those rare days that 1-B didn't come over, but other than that, it was a completely average day for them. Until something happened. And of course it had to happen to their chaos prone cinnamon roll.

He was cuddled up with Koda, talking with Sero and Sato when a bright flash of light cut them off. In a blink, the common room was gone, replaced with a mostly empty street. The street itself looked worn, the buildings close to disrepair, patches of brick and concrete broken and missing. A small group of people stood in front of him, one with their arm reaching toward him, glowing faintly, another looked to be in position to defend while the last held long knives and gave a wicked grin.

Izuku was, unfortunately, instantly reminded of Stain, though the thought itself was unwanted as any comparison to the man beyond looks was reaching. He was pulled from his thoughts as the defending person, a vaguely humanoid shaped rock, gave a laugh reminiscent of tumbling stones and a gratingly rough voice.

"Good job, Switch. A 15 year old Deku will be easier to kill than the pro from our time."

The one with the arm that was no longer glowing gave a nod as the last one adjusted position, looking like they were about to lunge.

Izuku quickly gained his bearings and leapt out of the way of the knives that sank into the asphalt he had just been standing on. The man was faster than Stain, probably some type of speed quirk.

"Oh? Pretty quick for a twerp, though I wouldn't expect anything less from our symbol."

Izuku files that bit away for later, as he dodges again and again, breaking through sudden walls of rock that erupt from the ground. It continues until he's clipped by one of the pieces of newly destroyed rock, sending him off course and right into the path of one of the knives.

Luckily, a small explosion pushes him away enough to just get nicked instead of stabbed. Izuku turns in time to see an older Kacchan, looking positively pissed, older Shoto in the back, also looking angry despite the constant blank look.

Ice encases the other two as the last one receives an explosion to the face and is knocked out. The two turn as one to Izuku and crowd around him, Shoto going so far as to ask, "are you okay, Zuchan?"

Izuku blushes brilliantly at the nickname and Shoto has to stifle a chuckle as Kacchan scoffs, "why does this always happen to you, Deku?"

Without waiting for an answer Izuku couldn't have given anyway, Kacchan just picked him up with one hand and put him on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and all Izuku could do was mentally squeal. Shoto and Kacchan hid their smiles as a few sidekicks and police arrived on scene, allowing the two pros (and their de-aged partner) to go.

They got to a room, Izuku must have zoned out because he didn't even remember entering a building. Izuku was set almost gently down on a couch as the other two talked. It gave Izuku enough time to actually take in what he was seeing.

Kacchan looked older, taller and far buffer than Izuku had seen before, there were a few scars along his face and arms that he could see, his expression was ever grouchy and hair was the same as before. His uniform was a little different, but kept the main black and orange color scheme with 'X's and explosions as a theme. Izuku had to force himself to look away before anymore blood decided to take a vacation.

Shoto was taller than Kacchan, leaner too, but with obvious mussel, face looking as stoic as ever. His hair was long, intricately braided around a bun. His uniform is basically the same as his second version the only difference he could see was the white along the sides from hip to underarm. A very very good look for him all in all.

"-lled Ura. She said she'd be here in a few minutes with Tsu. Mei, Eri, and Aizawa are headed over here as w-"

Shoto was interrupted by a knock on the door which was promptly opened as Kaminari, Sero, Ashido, and Kirishima pushed their way in, all four looking excited and a little worried.

They all had longer hair, with the shortest being Sero's which stopped at his shoulders, and looked muscular and scarred. Ashido huffed, "good thing our agencies are close by, you two didn't even call us! Thankfully, Denks was keeping an ear out."

Izuku had to blink because what the heck? Were all his classmates hot in the future?!?

His thoughts must have been on his face because Kacchan scoffed, or maybe he was just reacting to Mina, and flipped them off, turning back to Shoto to finish what they were talking about.

Izuku wanted to listen too, but that hope was sent sailing when the four intruders turned to him and, with a squeal from Mina, they crowded around asking question after question. The next time the door opened, a suit of metal that must have been Iida and a girl that Izuku vaguely recognized as Eri.

And, oh, he's crying now.

Everyone froze, unsure what to do or what made him cry, but they don't have to wait long before Izuku stutters out a hiccuppy 'Eri', through his sobs. Everyone relaxes with a sigh as Eri beams at him, "Deku-nii!"

She's in her 20's already, so full of life and happiness, best friends with Kota, who's now ProHero Hydrolyte, she's now UA's nurse after interning and learning under RecoveryGirl for ten years.

More people come in as they talk, Aizawa, Mei, Detective Tsukauchi, Shinso (who looks exactly the same as Aizawa did as their teacher but with purple hair), Tsu and Uraraka (holding hands like the tooth-rottingly sweet couple they are). Eventually, they figure out that the villain's quirk wears off after four hours and don't see the need to speed it up.

They start bidding him goodbye with hugs and back slaps and head pats and a multitude of other things, some forgetting that he's now short and hugging his face into their chests in a way not all that different from Midnight's usual greeting (cough Uraraka cough). By the time he got to Kacchan and Shoto, he was far too red to be healthy if the cheeky grins were any indication.

Shoto gave him a hug first, surprisingly (or not) followed by Kacchan, who was far gentler than Izuku would have guessed, even if he had mellowed out after all these years, he had always hugged hard.

Izuku could tell that he wasn't quite processing this yet, mainly due to the fact that he was still semi-functioning despite all that's happened and all he's learned and seen. There's a bright flash and they're returned to their proper times.

The first thing Deku does once back with his partners is jump on Shinso, giving Aizawa a stink eye the whole time. Eri checks him over and fixes him up as he chats with everyone before they start trickling out. Deku makes sure he gets Shinso's number before letting him leave.

Eventually, he's left with Shochan and Kacchan and he couldn't be happier, even as Kacchan slaps him upside the head, giving a verbal tongue lashing that's more curses and growls than anything understandable, but it gets the job done. Shochan gives him eyes, ones he's hesitant to call puppy dog eyes, but have the same effect.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day for Deku, not at all.