What A Fever Brought To Us: 6

A/N:

Updated (o_ _)ノ彡☆

*

6: Decision 

--- 

"Whoa," Lee Gon let out a loud sigh, leaning back to the chair he sat on.

Jo Yeong didn't look at him, staring holes into the steaming teacup on the table and his hand holding his cup.

The younger man tried his best to keep his hand from trembling, the sadness and melancholy, also the anticipation of what would Lee Gon choose for their future.

The monarch was surprisingly taking everything calmly, also as if they didn't discuss their other life.

The king even gave a thin smile as he dismissed the maids who brought the morning tea and their small breakfast.

The maids bowed, giving another polite smile to the stoic Captain, Jo Yeong couldn't help but feel a little relieved because at least Lee Gon didn't curse at him for hiding the truth.

Once again the room remained silent after Jo Yeong gave a brief explanation, Lee Gon also got his memories one at a time.

Like when you saw familiar things and the memories rushed back, a tide washing the shore, slow and calming for the King.

Different than Yeong who got it years ago, everything at once. Causing him pain and misery, he didn't want to talk about it but he told Lee Gon the trigger.

"Kang Sin Jae?" Jo Yeong nodded, he looked down to his thigh and missed the way Lee Gon's eyes twitched in discomfort.

Lee Gon sat across his lover, the small table between them and he wondered what kind of thought crossed Yeong's head, "I never know you had such relationship with Detective Kang, Yeong-ah."

We could say Jo Yeong was a little dense for the attention he got, "you had no idea, pyeha," the thin smile, barely there but oh-so-sincerely.

It lit an unexpected fire inside Lee Gon's chest.

"Jo Yeong," full name, making the mentioned one snapped up his head with a panicked expression.

"Yes, your majesty," he took a deep breath, bracing himself as he prepared the final judgment to his doing.

He heard a rustle, clanking sound when Gon put down his teacup and the chair on the wooden floor as the monarch rose from his seat.

His heart stuttered when he watched Lee Gon approached him, taking little time before the older man knelt before him.

A King never kneels or bend down for someone else, but Lee Gon was just Jo Yeong's lover at that time.

"Is it painful?" he asked with a hushed voice, Yeong's felt his ear rang and his vision wavered.

The hand on his knee, above his hand, once again the captain let out a shaky breath, "I–" he tried.

The words were at the tip of his tongue, ready to burst and overflow like an overflowing sink full of feelings.

Yeong didn't know where to start.

He almost felt like an imposter the entire time.

He knew Lee Gon was supposed to be with someone else, or at least not with him, he was able to have his dream because he knew how to take care of the monarch.

He once experienced this life, when other was confused about how to react; he knew how to take care of things perfectly.

That was why Lady Noh permitted him to stand beside the King.