They Called Him The Unbreakable Sword, Bullshit: 8

A/N:

an unexpected bonus occur

[Chapter 8: 65th Dream (a bonus chapter)]

Sin Jae found himself staring at Yeong from the distance, two cups of steaming hot chocolate for Yeong and sweetened black coffee for himself.

It was two months after Yeong went back to his work as the Captain of the royal guard, the whole division worked harder with no attention making trouble for their beloved strict captain who was absent for a long time.

Sin Jae heard from Ho-pil and In Young who took the captain position for a while, dividing the man's job to two portions because the works were too much for one of them.

Ho Pil was the first to spill the tea in the night party, Sin Jae was there because Seung Ah dragged him together with the security and the public relation division's dinner. In Young agreed when her friend babbled about how amazing Yeong managing his job as if the works were not taking his whole life.

Even the tiniest details for the royal guard, the snacks corner, paperwork, daily security schedules; Yeong watched over them all by himself.

In Young was surprised when she was getting a receipt for snacks, like, she never guess Captain Jo Yeong was the one who chose what kind of candy would be served on the snack corner's table in their office.

Choosing to join the palace made Sin Jae learned about Jo Yeong deeper, he was glad and surprised to find out more fact about the other man.

Today should be another day in their work, every break they got; Sin Jae would try to find Yeong and eat their meals together.

But when he went to the guard's office, one of the guards told him Yeong was already taking his break ten minutes earlier. One of the palace's maid told him the captain was in the Gazebo near the lake behind the palace.

Lady Noh told him to bring drinks and gave Sin Jae two lunchbox for them, handmade by herself. Sin Jae couldn't help but felt warm because the kind old lady also made one for him, personally.

In the time like this, a slight tug would make Sin Jae's heart throbbed. The way Yeong stared at the calm lake made his chest wavered.

As if the man was thinking to leave Sin Jae once again.

The detective felt helpless, obvious to the thoughts inside Jo Yeong's head. Even though the captain clearly told him he won't do anything stupid anymore.

It was unconscious, the way his feet moved by themselves and when he snapped back to the reality, Sin Jae already gripping Yeong's wrist tightly.

Two cups on the small table in the gazebo, the lunchbox beside them, Sin Jae forgot when he put all of them on the table.

Jo Yeong was surprised at first, almost smacking Sin Jae's hand and kicked him off but when the younger man saw his face, he remained silent.

"Detective Kang?" Yeong called, Sin Jae looked straight to his eyes with such desperation and the iron grip never loosen.

"....Hyung?" when the informal address reached Sin Jae's ear, he let out a shaky sigh and loosened the grip but didn't let go.

Sin Jae was confused about how to start, maybe he should talk about his day or complain because Yeong left him and neglected their usual lunch break.

Yet the man felt every word died on the tip of his tongue as the image of Yeong gazing to the lake flash before his eyes, instead of complaining he whispered softly to the younger man.