What A Fever Brought to Us: 2

Chapter 2: Chicken Porridge 

Since the day memorable day where Gon finished a bowl full of chicken porridge made by Yeong without any complain, the King would refuse to eat anything except Jo Yeong's chicken porridge if he caught a cold.

Unless the other man was there to accompany him eating another meal, he won't eat anything. The first meal must be the porridge or he won't eat anything aftermath.

The maids were a little shock when the captain of the royal guard asked for porridge ingredients and used the King's private kitchen. They peeked from the door, watching how Yeong rolled up his sleeve and start to prepare the ingredients.

Some of them squealed with the handsome sight, it was rare to see their captain of the royal guard cooking in the kitchen like this.

"The porridge isn't that delicious, to begin with," Yeong mumbled to himself, rinsing the rice and cutting the chicken.

He made the stock from the scratch and the other side dishes, remembering the food Gon loved and then washing his hands after he was done.

When he was back to the bedroom with the food, he heard Gon was coughing and the worried voice of secretary Mo.

He bowed when their eyes meet, "oh! Captain Jo," she greeted with her usual sweet smile, the servants behind Jo Yeong pushed the silver trolley with the beautiful pattern engraved on it to the bedroom and she excused herself afterwards.

"Lady Noh already re-schedule with secretary Mo for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, Pyeha," Yeong reported, Gon nodded and melt to the pillow under him.

The days had been exhausting for him, he was irritated by the request from Yeong three days ago. Saying he would assign Ho Pil for a whole week and maybe more because he needed to take care of the new recruitments directly.

He would admit it, he was happy he had Yeong beside him even though his head was spinning and his body was burning because of the fever.

"You should take care of yourself more carefully, Pyeha," Yeong complained, concern thick inside his tone, he took care of the food after he dismissed the servants.

Yeong knew well about Gon hating the others seeing him sick like this, rumours spread fast and the King hated them.

Gon looked at him with innocent eyes, glancing down to the bowl Yeong put on the small bed-table on the bed and then to the captain.

Yeong closed his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed, "fine," he said and Gon beamed with happiness.

The King ate happily, spoon after spoon and the captain couldn't help but let out a small relief sigh because Gon ate without many complaints.

"Your chicken porridge is the best, Yeong-ah," he could felt the warmth spread, maybe the tip of his ears became red but Yeong chose to ignore it.

From the small smile on Gon's lips, he might be right but they decided to shrug it off.

"Your medicine," Yeong handed over the high-quality medicine to the King with a glass of water, Gon drank it and let out a disgusted groan before falling once again to the comfortable bed.

The Monarch watched his unbreakable sword pulled the blind to cover the huge window but still left a small gap to let the sliver of light slipped in.

He loved this, his bedroom with no tension being the King; the dim light from the nightstand lamp and little light from the sliver of sunshine slipping into his room from the small gap; and lastly, the presence of his precious one.

"The porridge wasn't that good, I know," Yeong said as he folded his black coat and draped it on the soft couch near the window, "it was average, the head chef's cook is better than mine," he continued as he moved the other smaller chair.

Gon gazed up to the ceiling, humming with his groggy voice, "you tasted it before me?" he didn't need to look to his side to see when he heard the small scoff from his Yeong.

"What if I have a business in a different country?" Yeong turned off the lights, only the thin sunray as the lighting in the bedroom.

"Then I will order you to go back in instant."

"You can't even get up."

"Commanding only needing my voice, Captain."

"You should stop acting too childish, Pyeha."

Gon let out a small chuckle, "childish?" he questioned, meeting Yeong's serious eyes with his playful one and the King laughed without much care.

He caught Yeong's smaller wrist when the captain wiped his sweat with the small towel on the nightstand, "you're right, the head chef's food might taste better than yours."

Yeong was about to reply, agreeing but then Gon cut him off, "but they are not yours and I don't want anything besides your home-made food."

It wasn't about the taste when you could get any menus made by the best chef in the country, Gon could order the most expensive food with the highest quality ingredients but still.

This time when Gon noticed the slight blush on the other's face, he chose to kiss the inner wrist of his soul-mate and basked in amusement when his Yeong scrambled to contain himself.

Gon loved how Yeong muttered something under his breath about stop teasing and his eyes averted from the King's sharp one due to the clear embarrassment.

The captain tried to pull back his hand but Gon gripped it, weakly, but Jo Yeong didn't try to break free.

The younger one never wins in the chasing game after all, once he was caught; there was no escape so why bother trying when you already knew the results and you loved it?

"Sleep. Now." Yeong said with face turning into another shed of red and brows furrowed, trying to distract himself from the joy of being praised. His palm covering Gon's eyes gently despite the bitter hiss from his mouth.

Gon didn't let the hand go yet, grabbing it and putting Yeong's cold palm on his forehead. He closed his eyes and smiled as the sleepiness slowly pulled him gently.

His breath became calmer, though still shallow and heavy due to the fever but better than this morning when Lady Noh found him.

Yeong stared at the chair he moved from the corner of the room, now empty beside the huge bed of the King. He planned to sit there to accompany Gon till he was better at first.

Like what he always did every time the other was sick, sitting nearby and rarely leaving Gon's side. His plan to take care of the paperwork couldn't be helped but cancelled for today.

With the King holding his hand like this, he had no other choice but to sit on the empty side of the bed right beside Gon and leaned back to the headboard behind him.

Yeong smiled fondly as the King nuzzled to his side in his sleep, amused by the fact that his presence could bring such comfort for the other and how Gon let his guard down when he was there together with him.

Letting his head leaning to the wall behind him, Yeong played with Gon's fringe and humming softly as the Monarch slept and letting a content sigh unconsciously.

The younger man closed his eyes, mind drifting to the many memories about him and Gon. He was always stayed by his majesty's side since he was young.

To the point where sometimes he questioned himself what he was without Gon?

Gon kinda hope his fever would stay for a little bit so he could have his Yeong by his side longer.

Yeong didn't have any choice but to stay and he wasn't complaining at the end because his childish sick boyfriend meant so much for him.