What A Fever Brought to Us: 5

A/N:

After this is the last chapter ~

*

[Chapter 5: Truths]

 'Which one is the truth?'

'Both are'

The boy stood with a whirling yo-yo, a face without expression.

The familiar melody of a flute played as the background.

'It depends to which one you want to choose'

'Which one you want to be your truth '

*

*

Gon woke up oddly calm, it was morning because he saw the sky was still painted with the colour of baby-blue, the light outside was still dim. The dawn was pretty yet melancholy.

Unlike Yeong who preferred the night and the dawn, Gon loved clear morning.

The fever had gone down completely and Gon was impressed by Lady Noh who predicted his sickness would last only for two days.

The King smiled fondly when he looked to his side and found Yeong sleeping on the armchair beside his bed.

The armchair looked uncomfortable, the older man was tired with telling his boyfriend 'it was completely fine' if Yeong sleeps on his bed together with him.

Gon could tell how tired Yeong was when the captain slept soundly on the chair, hair down without his gel but still swiped to one side and showing his forehead.

Yeong's head lulled to one side, leaning back to the armchair with files on his lap. The younger man was still with his black shirt; rolled up to his elbow, black trouser, and bedroom's sandals.

Some of the papers fell to the floor and it was rare to see his unbreakable sword being unguarded like this.

Judging from the small rustling sound from outside, Gon suspected it wasn't Yeong's shift. He was staying because he simply wanted to accompany his majesty.

Happiness once again beamed from Gon, he got up and felt relief when there was no troubling headache anymore.

The Monarch sat on the side of his bed, gazing at the plump lips; the white fair skin; the eyelashes creating shadows on Yeong's cheek.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Yeong-ah," he mumbled to himself, reaching out to his lover.

He was about to touch Yeong's face when a flash of a long lost memory flashed.

' From now on you're the unbreakable sword. '

' Thank you, but what's an unbreakable sword? '

Gon tilted his head, it was an old memory when he decided Yeong was going to be someone crucial in his life.

But it felt different.

"Pyeha?" Yeong woke up when he felt someone's stared at him, being a light sleeper and a trained guard made his sense sharper than other people.

He saw Gon with a conflicted expression, the older man's gaze on the floor and the captain realized he let some of the paper scattered on the floor.

"Forgive my mistake, I-"

A hand stopped him, reaching for him and then gripping his forearm hard enough to bruise.

The King: Eternal Monarch (Jo Yeong's Ships)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें