𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

❛❛ why are you still frowning? ❜❜

 ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

a week had already passed since the incident, everything going back to its original state with seonghwa working alone in his office and jiyeol in the cafe,

as if the 2 months they spent working together were nothing but an experiment to see whether they would click or not.

obviously, they didnt.

seonghwa sat in his office, leaning back on his swivel chair as his eyes focused on his computer screen.

his eyes drift momentarily to his phone, still expecting a message or anything from VLK— the said company still hasnt contacted them since the meeting and his hope for sealing the deal between them were gradually dissipating.

the investment and partnership between VLK and MARS would have been such an amazing opportunity. if not for the turn of events last week, the deal would have been in the bag.

his eyes fleet from his phone then towards his wall. the usual opaque wall was now set to being transparent, giving him a clear view of his secretary's previous work area.

something inside him bubbles, and before he could fully assess what it was, his phone suddenly rings.

he picks it up almost immediately, spotting the caller as he brings the device up to his ear.

"seonghwa" san enters his office, eyes down to the files held in between his arm. he looks up, seeing the stern look on the ceo's face.

the grey streaked clamps his lips together, seonghwa motioning for him to remain quiet.

as the call progresses, the once seriously look on the ceo's faces gradually turns to a shocked one - an expression that san rarely sees and soon its turns to a slight frown.

"alright, thank you" seonghwa ends the call as he leans back on his chair, pinching the bridge of his nose as he sighs.

"who was that?" san takes a few steps forward, stopping just in front of the ceo's desk.

"it was mr. lee and..." seonghwa lowers his head, eyes staring directly at san.

the grey streaked tilts his head in confusion, seeing the tiniest hint of guilt swimming his friend's usually blank orbs "and?"

"we got the deal. the partnership and investment would carry on"

san smiles brightly, his dimples showing "that's great then! but... why are you still frowning?"

seonghwa closes his eyes as he sighs deeply "because... if not for ms. moon, the deal wouldn't have happened"

...