|𝟏𝟏| 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒐𝒌

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

If you're searching for new Jikook books, go to my reading list "recommended (under 30K views) or just look in general through my reading lists. I have only Jikook.

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

“H-hoseok?!” Jimin stummers, the greeting barely a whisper.

"Indeed," Hoseok replies, a hint of sarcasm lacing his tone as he props a hand on his hip. "So, where have you been? I scoured the campus for you, only to find you exiting a taxi together. Care to explain?"

Jimin hesitates, biting his lip. “W-we... Uhm, we were...”

A glance at Hoseok, his eyes still slightly glazed, ignite a flicker of apprehension as he contemplates whether he should tell his friend about the recently received news. Hoseok tends to be quite protective of him, which makes Jimin sometimes wonder what would happen when he finds his mate.

Unable to meet Hoseok's gaze, Jimin shifts his focus to Taehyung. Sensing Jimin's unease, Taehyung, with a hint of nervousness in his voice, offers an explanation. "I haven't been feeling well, so Jimin took me to see a doctor." His smile, though valiant, lacks conviction. Jimin squeezes Taehyung's hand in silent gratitude. He knows the truth needs to be addressed, but not before he has talked with Taehyung about everything running through his mind since the doctor's visit.

The alpha furrows his brows, noticing the exchanged glances between Jimin and Taehyung, and the evident discomfort hinted at some unspoken narrative. He understands their silence might stem from a desire for privacy, and despite his curiosity, he isn't one to pry. Years of friendship has honed his ability to discern deception, often aided by the revealing language of scent. Whatever the secret they harbor, he would wait for them to share it – his loyalty extending beyond mere information-gathering.

“Alright, are you feeling better now?” Hoseok asks, his voice gentle.

"Yes," Taehyung replies with a shrug, sensing Hoseok's skepticism. "But were you looking for us?"

"Ah, right!" Hoseok exclaims, as if remembering his purpose. He clears his throat, his gaze lingering on Taehyung for a moment. “Let’s go to the dorm first. It’s nothing serious, I promise.”

And so they make their way up to the shared omega dorm. They leave their shoes at the door and take a seat on the sofa, who decides to sit on the floor.

"The professor granted an extension for our economics assignment. More accurately, he's absent, but who cares about technicalities? We have more time, which is more important."

Jimin remains unfazed as Taehyung  erupts in a joyous squeal, chanting affirmations as he sways back and forth. Jimin lets out a soft chuckle at the display. He understands the professor's strictness – deadlines are firm, and additional tasks are a common occurrence.

Don't misunderstand Jimin; he appreciates clear deadlines and consequences. Leniency often leads to missed lessons for some students. However, the professor's demanding schedule sometimes leaves Taehyung struggling, especially when juggling art projects.

"I mean... I hope the professor is well, or whatever the reason is for his absence," Taehyung corrects himself, a slight flush creeping up his neck at the thought of his earlier outburst.

"No worries, we get it," Hoseok chuckles, glancing towards Jimin, who seems preoccupied. "Right, Jimin?"

Jimin blinks, startled back to the present. "H-huh?"