"How did I get so lucky to have you my love?" He whispered, lovingly gazing at his wife's sleeping form.

He couldn't get enough of her even if he gazed at her day and night. He loved her feistiness , her anger, her cute banter, her submissive nature, her useless defiance towards him, her innocence, her shyness....He loved everything about her.

He knew that she was too pure for his twisted world. She was so pure that he could read her like an open book. Her eyes depicting a sea full of innocence. She was too pure for his tainted soul, but he cared less.....She was his and only his and he would cocoon her from this cruel and evil world. She was the only girl who could tame his inner demons and he would do anything to protect her from the monsters of the world.

He kissed her forehead and gathered her in his arms resting her head on his chest as he snuggled in her soft raven tresses taking in her intoxicating smell. Her hairs smelled of berries. Sweet berries. Placing a last kiss in her hairs, he drifted into a contented sleep.

The next two days before the wedding were quite busy with the arrival of her family to the last minute wedding preparations. He knew inviting her family was the best decision. The way her face radiated in happiness as soon as her gaze landed on her family was priceless. He so badly wanted to kiss her as she bobbed her head up and down with a cute pout forming on her lips when he whispered her to meet her family.

Later that day, when he retired for the night, he sighed shaking his head as he saw his stubborn wife sleeping on a couch. 'Stubborn much' He chuckled lightly, as he picked her up in his arms before laying her on the bed. 'Someone really needs to be punished.' He thought, as he laid beside her.

It was something in the middle of the night when he woke up at his wife's screams. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He groaned internally as he saw her writhing and mumbling incoherent words, thrashing her legs as she shook her head vigorously. Without wasting a second, he picked her up in his arms soothing her by whispering assurance in her ears.

"I don't want to go to the spa.....He will come after me.." Her choked voice made his body go rigid as soon as those words flew out of her mouth.

'Fuck! How could I commit such a blunder? How did it slipped from my mind? Her trauma, that she was still coping up with...What was I even thinking when I permitted Khristina for the spa? Fuck! What did I do?' He groaned, mentally hitting himself for fucking up.

He did not realize how much time had elapsed when she finally calmed down after his lot of assurance and soothing words that she was safe and nobody is going to harm her. She finally fell asleep on his chest clutching him tightly as if her life depended on him.

The next day, he had another task in his hands. To direct his men to increase the torture on that fucking bastard. Every single time his angel suffered from nightmares, he would inflict more gruesome torture on that bastard's body. An evil menacing smirk played on his lips at the thought of tortures his men are going to inflict on that swine.

With repleted indignation, he walked towards his office and connected the call as he sat on his chair waiting for the person to answer his call.

"Korol' " Spoke the voice from other side, his face coming into view as he bowed and stood in front of him.

"Connect me to cell no 1487"

"Yes Korol' "

Within seconds, the screen displayed his wife's tormentor. His hands tied in chains hung against the ceiling, his feet barely touching the ground. His body beaten black and blue with fresh new bruises and cuts decorating his body as blood oozed out of them. Zacharias could literally smell blood, his inner demons awakening lusting for more blood.