♣Chapter 6♣

We had decided that we would just be visiting a museum and The Times Square at night and thought of exploring the rest after our exhibition.

We were excited to explore the city the next day...I woke Riya up after I was done with my bath, as I lay my outfit on the bed. I decided to wear blue sweater dress paired with black leggings, a golden head scarf and a black hood parka coat to cover myself from the chilling cold. I get myself ready and sit in front of the mirror to apply some light amount of mascara and my favorite Manhattan mauve lip balm. I dry my hairs and make a bun out of them fixing it with a clutcher.  Next I drape my head scarf over my head and wear my thigh high suede boots.

Once done getting ready, I give myself a once over, quickly glancing at my outfit. I smile at my outfit loving my style for the day.

Happy with my appearance, I head to the bedside table to grab my phone turning it on and clicking on Dad's name. Dad picks up on the third ring.."Assalamualaikum dad, Please turn on the laptop and face time me" I say before hanging up. I wait for my dad to come online and sit near the window taking in the view. Light feather like snowflakes falling on the ground covering both sides of the road, pedestrians walking on the road covering their heads with an umbrella, as cars buzz around.

Dad calls me soon and I pick up the call to find my family on the screen.I smile into the phone and they do too as they see my face. "Assalamualikum" I greet. "Walaikumassalam....How are you? How is New York? By the way Api, you look gorgeous. New York does suits you.." Ziya beams over the phone. I laugh at her excitement and stand up showing them the view outside the window. 

"Thank You! And yeah it's amazing.....check this view out" I tell turning the camera to the front of my phone allowing them to see the streets of New York and the light drizzling of snow.

I hear Ziya and Mom awe at the sight making me grin, "Wow its prettier" I hear her say. "Beautiful Indeed" Dad says.

I nod my head agreeing with them when I remember they can't see me. "It is...How are you all?" I ask turning the camera towards my face again.

"Alhumdulillah we all are good my little girl, how are you? Did you sleep well?" Mom asks me.

"Mom, Alhumdulillah I am good and yes I slept well. I miss you all..." I sigh and start to feel homesick.

She smiles at my reply, "We miss you too sweetheart...What are you guys doing today?" She asks me and I instantly perk up telling her the plan of the day.

"That sounds good, take a lot of pictures and send them to us. Sweetie, now talk to your dad" she says looking at me with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes and I can assume it is because of me being away from home.

"Hey dad" I say smiling at him. "Hi Jaan. are you enjoying yourself?" he asks me with a small smile on his lips. "Yes dad I love it. Its beautiful here..."

My mouth opens to ask about mama, papa and bhai when the sound of a steady knock on our hotel door sounds through out the room. Following right after the knock the door of the room opens and I turn to see Riya speaking to Mrs.Rose.

After a minute or two Riya closes the door behind her and tells me we should head down to the breakfast lounge in the hotel.

I nod my head in agreement and turn to my phone as I give him a sad smile, "I am sorry dad, I have to hang up now and give my greetings to mama, papa and bhai and tell them I miss them.. And I'll call you later promise..."

I sigh sadly watching as the frown on my dad's face makes itself known. Nonetheless he nods his head in understanding before telling me goodbye. I assure him that I will call him in the afternoon. "You better call us" I hear Ziya warning me before I hung up on my phone.

After hanging up I grab my bag and my camera off the bed and head towards the door with Riya and together we head towards the elevator and down to eat some breakfast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Metropolitan Museum of Art, or the Met, as it is commonly known, was founded in 1870 and is one of the most famous museums in the U.S. The permanent collection of the Met contains more than 2million works of art, spinning a period of 5,000yrs. Although the museum has three sites. the center piece is the Met Fifth Avenue. Highlights of the collection includes American decorative arts, arms and armor, costumes Egyptian art, musical instrument photography and much more. Jackson fills us with the information about the museum.

I take my Polaroid from its case and snap pictures of the things displayed in the museum. I look up at the tall Egyptian sphinx in amazement. We wonder around the museum for the next one hour.

We had our lunch at one of the finest diners tasting some of American and Italian cuisines. As promised I spoke to dad before we drove to Manhattan to see The Met Cloisters, located in Fort Tryon Park in northern Manhattan, which is another extremely popular New York museum. This branch of the metropolitan museum of art, housed in an outstanding structure, built around medieval cloisters, chapels and halls, focuses on the medieval architecture of Europe.

Later we visited the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The WTC's twin 100 storey towers that once dominated the Manhattan skyline but were destroyed by suicide piloted jet liners with a tragic loss of life on 11th sept, 2001. Where the two towers once stood now stand 2 square reflecting pools, each one acre in size. Known as the National Sept. 11 Memorial a moving tribute to the people killed in the attacks.

Surrounded by trees and grass, the pools are recessed with water cascading over the sides flowing into a seemingly bottom square. These are the largest man made waterfalls in America. Around the pools are bronze panels with the names of those who were killed in the attacks.

The 9/11 Memorial Museum is located in an awesome, curving glass building, between the two pools. It features displays that include artifacts, photos and videos, presenting the story of 9/11, as well as the aftermath and impacts. The building is constructed around the remnants of WTC.

We took a lot of photos and excitedly shopped from the eye catching Westfield WTC, which contains Oculus plaza. It is a magnificent building with its white fins and spaceship like appearance. It has shops and high end stores for the public. By the time we were done shopping and exploring, it was 5 in the evening.

"Common ladies, we need to head back before it gets dark. It will take us half an hour to reach back." Jackson exclaims clapping his hands. We hop into the car and drive back anticipating our visit to The Time Square and its evening glory.

By the time we reach Times Square, it was already 6 in the evening. The sky was visibly dark due to winter. We got down the car and stood in awe gawking at the huge, brilliantly lit billboards and screens. The Square and surrounding streets were filled with people. It was busy and perpetually crowded but had its own unique appeal. There were bleachers set up at one end, a great place to take and appreciate the scene. We excitedly took in the beautiful view while clicking pictures here and there. We did some shopping at some of the stores and it was 8:30 by the time we reached the hotel.

Jackson dropped us informing that he will come to pick us up tomorrow by 6 in the evening. We wave our goodbye's, had our dinner at the hotel lounge and straight away retire towards our rooms. We went to sleep after taking a bath. Too tired to call I just text my parents about my well being and doze off to sleep.

Jaan- an endearment in urdu....

Bhai- Brother

Hey guys, I know this is a big boring chapter, please bear with me.

I promise, the next chapter will surely perk your interest so, stay tuned.......

Please vote, comment, like and share......

Goodbye!! Until next chapter.....