♣Chapter 31♣

I made a dash out of the room as soon as he nodded his head and quickly made my way towards the kitchen to find Khristina, Anastasia and Mrs.Lara in the kitchen.

"Good morning" I greet them.

"Good morning dear" They greet back smiling at me, but Anastasia's smile quickly turns into a frown as she faces me.

"Jesus! Adiva! Why is your lips bruised so badly?" She asks, walking towards me. I tense under her stare.

'Ah Adiva! why didn't you think about it before?'

"Ah..I..Uhm..I bit my lip hard when my foot collided with the corner of the bed, when I got up to drink water at the middle of the night. I did not see it coming as the lights were off..." I lie.

I can see she is not satisfied with my reply. I think of diverting the topic.

"Umm...do you need any help?"

"Oh no dear not at all .. Annika and Maisie have already set the breakfast table , you just enjoy your breakfast, Khristina and Ana you too..." Mrs.Lara speaks in a dismissive tone.

I giggle while Khristina rolls her eyes as we walk towards the dining area. Not to anger the beast anymore, I take the seat beside him. Sure, I was too tired on our wedding night that I didn't realized when did I fell asleep in my parents room. The next day I was too scared to face him or sleep with him cause I was not at all ready to give myself to him. So I did the only thing that came to my mind, avoid him as much as possible. I even lied to my parents when they observed my behavior by saying that he himself has allowed me to be with them.

I knew that I had to face him as soon as my parents leave and I dreaded that part the most. But I never imagined to see his this side. It felt as if he had turned into a beast. Fair enough, I was the reason behind his anger and on top of that, I dared to lie him which aggravated his anger even more. I can still feel his lips on me, the way he kissed me brutally.

A hiss escapes my mouth as I realize, I am tracing my fingers on my bruised lip.

"Hey, you okay?" Khristina asks, her voice giving out concern. I just nod my head with a smile. Soon all the men enter the dining hall. Zacharias is impressed to find me sitting beside his seat. My gaze lands on him. A small smirk of satisfaction plays on his lips as he takes his seat beside me while placing a chaste kiss on my lips. I find myself flustered at his gesture in front of the whole family.

"Zach, what the fuck did you do to your hand?" Alyosha almost bellows.

"Nothing much" He answers in a dismissive tone making Alyosha roll his eyes.

"Wow! I must say, you and Adiva have a great connection...You know, even she got hurt at night and bit her lip in that process." I groan internally at Khristina's witty remark.

'Ya Allah why does she has to be always so smart?'

"Oh really? What happened?" Igor asks curiously resting his elbows on the table as he plays with the fork.

"It would be better if you concentrate on your food rather than meddling in something else." Zacharias orders sternly.

"But-" Igor tries to protest but, one look from Zacharias makes him shut his mouth.

At least I am saved from repeating  a lie.

Everyone left for their work after the breakfast. Anastasia too resumed back to her company. It was only me, Khristina and the kids left in this huge manor.

The kids were having their afternoon nap and me and Tina are enjoying our leisure time having random talks by the pool. The beautiful smell of flowers unfurl as cool breeze flows by, from the gardens surrounding us making me feel rejuvenated.